Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help... Where do i stand!?

Help... Where do i stand!?

Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

lillyloo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help... Where do i stand!?

I am working in greece and have a contract out here for 7 months! I am with an agency and im spose to get paid on the 21st of every month. I done 3 weeks training out here and then the job started and you work a month in advance and then get paid the following month but the first months pay was late by 4 weeks! So i had worked out here 3 months before getting a penny. I am now due the 2nd months wage which is so far 2 weeks late and the agency is really bad so iv decided to quite but they are refusing to pay me for junes wage (which was due on the 21st of july) and also refusing to pay me for julys wage. It does state in the contract any money outstanding will not be paid if you cut the contract short but it also states on the 21st of everymonth i will be paid! I work 12 hours a day (which was spose to be 8-10) 6 days a week and only get 500 euros a month, although got me to sign a contract saying 800 on it! How can i get this money and where do i stand as its different from working in the UK?
Please Help!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help... Where do i stand!?

Hello and welcome to BE.

I am moving your thread over to our Europe Forum...hopefully our members who posts in that forum will be able to help you. Good luck.
Old Aug 6th 2012, 12:21 pm
UK Expat Turkey

ozsubasi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help... Where do i stand!?

It is really difficult to comment on individual cases when there is a contract involved.
I guess that the obvious question I would have to ask is that given all that you have said, why would you not take legal advice rather than posting here, where you can really only get opinions?
I don't mean that to sound rude, but if you are in a situation where you have met your work commitments but not been paid for them, it would seem that going to a local solicitor would be the logical first course of action?