Reload this Page >

Help Needed - International Romance

Help Needed - International Romance

Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:20 am
Just Joined

ajoin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help Needed - International Romance

Originally Posted by Domino
I repeat - why all this racist diatribe against the British in a British Expats forum ??

Is it because a lowly Brit has actually managed to pull himself out of the gutter and formed a relationship with a Proud Ukrainian Woman?
Will such a relationship resulting in marriage and children dilute the Proud Ukrainian Bloodline?

You are spoiling another persons opportunity to overcome the legal, financial and personal problems - when he wants to make a relationship work, irrespective of the country his lady comes from.

fine you are proud of your heritage, but you will find the same problems in just about every country of the world - don't blame the British, try Stalin, Lenin and few others who have kept you hidden under the blanket.

as to the British, well they are like ants, nasty little things that get everywhere - even Ukraine.

And why do you call truthfully describing what is happening in your own embassy - "a racial diatribe"? That is what people are going through, and worse, when they are applying for a visa to go to your country on holiday. 99 per cents of their applications are denied.
So, when I say it, it's a racist diatribe? What makes my "diatribe" racist?
How am I spoiling an opportunity? On the contrary, I helped that person to abandon their unrealistic goals, and showed them the realistic ways to be together. If they want to have children, they better marry, then either of them can relocate to another's country and receive all the papers, necessary for work and living, relatively quickly. So, what and how I spoiled?
I see nothing racist in describing how things work in western embassy, UK included, and nothing "spoiled".
And why one can't describe how a British embassy operates on British expat forums? Is this a forbidden topic?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ajoin
So, why don't you, British, stay home and avoid Ukrainians, if you hate them so very much?
I've met and worked with quite a lot of Ukrainians and always found them to be good people and liked them all (the ones I've met) without exception. Of course, there are bound to be a few bad apples as there are in every society and they usually can be found expressing their frustrations with pathetic diatribes on the Internet.

Nothing is solved.
And, of course, the post itself is racist, implying that it's not the
racists who must change their ways, but their victims who must avoid
racists, so as not to provoke them into racism! It's all the victims'
fault.
I'm starting to suspect this guy is a troll. I can't believe anyone would really be quite this stupid. And no, that's not a racist insult against Ukrainians; it's a personal insult against you (sorry Mods!) and I couldn't care less what race, creed, religion, colour, or sexual orientation you are.

I recommend you calm down and seek some help. If you give us folk here a chance, even us Brits, you'll find that a lot of us a decent human beings who would be happy to listen to your problem (I guess you were turned down for a visa or something, right?) and perhaps help you come up with a solution.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Azarel

I'm starting to suspect this guy is a troll. I can't believe anyone would really be quite this stupid. And no, that's not a racist insult against Ukrainians; it's a personal insult against you (sorry Mods!) and I couldn't care less what race, creed, religion, colour, or sexual orientation you are.

I recommend you calm down and seek some help. If you give us folk here a chance, even us Brits, you'll find that a lot of us a decent human beings who would be happy to listen to your problem (I guess you were turned down for a visa or something, right?) and perhaps help you come up with a solution.
I am a troll, because I truthfully described how British embassy operates and tell the OP the only way for him to be with his beloved? And I am VERY stupid, because I did not flatter British, but told them what is actually going on in their embassy. How can I be so stupid indeed!
I don't need a visa to go to the UK.
If you are so eager to help, you can start with changing the ways your own embassy operates abroad, in Ukraine in particular, collecting visa fees from people, which constitues their monthly salaries, then refusing them their visas and putting black stamps and notes in their passports. I, a stupid troll, will be really happy to see such positive initiative, coming from you, a wonderful and smart person.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Aliland is an unknown quantity at this point

And why one can't describe how a British embassy operates on British expat forums? Is this a forbidden topic?
I live in Thessaloniki, Greece. The British embassy used to be a great source of humor for Expats. Its degenerate in to something we are now just too embarrassed to mention. Stories in the Mail about evacuating British citizens in the event of civil unrest - they clearly didn't even try and contact the second biggest embassy for their input.
Too many stories, but the clearest one to give you am idea of how they 'operate' :
A letter was sent out to Brits outlining policy in the event of birdflu outbreak. The letter was clearly the result of many meetings and debate and basically informed us that embassy staff would be on the first plane out, so no one would be around to help. Thing was, it took them so long to decide on this policy that the letters arrived over half a year after the threat was over!
I don't blame the brits- I think its bureaucrats everywhere!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of

I am a troll, because I truthfully described how British embassy operates and tell the OP the only way for him to be with his beloved? And I am VERY stupid, because I did not flatter British, but told them what is actually going on in their embassy. How can I be so stupid indeed!
I don't need a visa to go to the UK.
If you are so eager to help, you can start with changing the ways your own embassy operates abroad, in Ukraine in particular, collecting visa fees from people, which constitues their monthly salaries, then refusing them their visas and putting black stamps and notes in their passports. I, a stupid troll, will be really happy to see such positive initiative, coming from you, a wonderful and smart person.
I don't represent the British government, just as I'm sure you don't represent and/or agree with the actions of your own government. I have no desire to change the British government's actions or behaviour. If I was that fanatical about Britain and loved the country's policies so much, I wouldn't have left the country two decades ago.

To some extent I agree with your views, but I think what most people on here don't like is your way of putting them. If you came online and expressed your opinions in a mature way, I think you'd find that you get a much more considered and sympathetic reaction. Butting into a conversation calling an entire nation a bunch of racists based on some government policies that you don't like is hardly the way to go, is it? Surely you can see that.

If you want to discuss the unfairness of UK governmental policy on this forum, you'll find that many people sympathize with your arguments - that's why many of us are expats, after all - but slinging around accusations of racism in your opening salvo smacks of immaturity.

Last edited by Azarel; Apr 12th 2012 at 12:59 pm. Reason: typos
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:03 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

And why do you call truthfully describing what is happening in your own embassy - "a racial diatribe"? That is what people are going through, and worse, when they are applying for a visa to go to your country on holiday. 99 per cents of their applications are denied.
So, when I say it, it's a racist diatribe? What makes my "diatribe" racist?
How am I spoiling an opportunity? On the contrary, I helped that person to abandon their unrealistic goals, and showed them the realistic ways to be together. If they want to have children, they better marry, then either of them can relocate to another's country and receive all the papers, necessary for work and living, relatively quickly. So, what and how I spoiled?
I see nothing racist in describing how things work in western embassy, UK included, and nothing "spoiled".
But what you describe is exactly how the British FCO, the operators of the Embassies, is across the world. Perhaps one day you may find out from first hand experience that it isnt just the UK but also most other embassies, even the good old US of A.

I cannot understand your thinking that racism is only one way - against Ukrainians.
Because too many people have "bitten the hand that feeds" questions are being asked, you must have a golden parachute to assist you if things go wrong. After all, you would resent a Brit demanding Ukraine pays for him, so why should the UK pay for Ukrainians in the UK. There are enough bloodsuckers around already without adding to them.

That there are Brits visiting for cultural and business reasons surely is a good thing for the Ukraine - or are you just a nationalistic isolationist who doesnt like any foreigner to walk on precious soil. Believe me - there are many Brits who feel the same way, although I am not one of them, but I could quite easily change my mind.

If you are not happy with having to prove who you are, how much money you have etc etc then forget going to the UK and go to somewhere that doesnt have standards, that will welcome you with open arms and empty your wallet.

good luck
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:10 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aliland
I live in Thessaloniki, Greece. The British embassy used to be a great source of humor for Expats. Its degenerate in to something we are now just too embarrassed to mention. Stories in the Mail about evacuating British citizens in the event of civil unrest - they clearly didn't even try and contact the second biggest embassy for their input.
Too many stories, but the clearest one to give you am idea of how they 'operate' :
A letter was sent out to Brits outlining policy in the event of birdflu outbreak. The letter was clearly the result of many meetings and debate and basically informed us that embassy staff would be on the first plane out, so no one would be around to help. Thing was, it took them so long to decide on this policy that the letters arrived over half a year after the threat was over!
I don't blame the brits- I think its bureaucrats everywhere!
Well British Embassies have proven to be a source of laughter and embarrassment as well as help to expats across the world. They seem to still be using the same old donkey to get messages around the world - even Father Christmas is quicker.

As to bird flu, well the problem is not the "shop" but "head office", and if HO has to check with its sources then it could take forever.
Same applies to any other major problem.
No civil servant is likely to make a rash decision that means they could lose their job for costing the country a fortune.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

I do understand that, possibly TV gave me a false impression of the value of being able to go to a British embassy. While I know they are not an information service, "that's not our job" seems an answer to everything - including problems arising from passports residency issues and legal proceedings. Dispite being English, I generally start with the Greek consulate in Birmingham; they always try and help or point me in the right direction.
my point about birdflu was, it gives the impression of them having long debates on issues long after they have ceased to be a problem. To be fair, I didn't expect any help from them at all, nor would I expect any help during riots or natural disaster. I have chosen to live here and that help should be given to tourists rather than residents as i reckon I have more right to expect assistance from the country I pay tax in than the one where I was born.
I would however like to take pride in my heritage, and it would be nice to think embassy staff were efficient and helpful
Old Apr 12th 2012, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

I do understand that, possibly TV gave me a false impression of the value of being able to go to a British embassy. While I know they are not an information service, "that's not our job" seems an answer to everything - including problems arising from passports residency issues and legal proceedings. Dispite being English, I generally start with the Greek consulate in Birmingham; they always try and help or point me in the right direction.
my point about birdflu was, it gives the impression of them having long debates on issues long after they have ceased to be a problem. To be fair, I didn't expect any help from them at all, nor would I expect any help during riots or natural disaster. I have chosen to live here and that help should be given to tourists rather than residents as i reckon I have more right to expect assistance from the country I pay tax in than the one where I was born.
I would however like to take pride in my heritage, and it would be nice to think embassy staff were efficient and helpful
Old Apr 13th 2012, 8:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Azarel
I don't represent the British government, just as I'm sure you don't represent and/or agree with the actions of your own government. I have no desire to change the British government's actions or behaviour. If I was that fanatical about Britain and loved the country's policies so much, I wouldn't have left the country two decades ago.

To some extent I agree with your views, but I think what most people on here don't like is your way of putting them. If you came online and expressed your opinions in a mature way, I think you'd find that you get a much more considered and sympathetic reaction. Butting into a conversation calling an entire nation a bunch of racists based on some government policies that you don't like is hardly the way to go, is it? Surely you can see that.

If you want to discuss the unfairness of UK governmental policy on this forum, you'll find that many people sympathize with your arguments - that's why many of us are expats, after all - but slinging around accusations of racism in your opening salvo smacks of immaturity.
hi Azarel,
I am starting to suspect that YOU are a troll.
The OP came and asked how he could be together with a Ukrainian girl. I told him the ways. Then you came, and hijacked the thread, talking about me, how bad I was and how stupid. What do I have to do with it? If you want to discuss me, or politics or policies, open your own thread.
Here, you are welcome to provide a solution for the OP question, which will be smart and realistic. Thus, you will beat me and my stupidity.
Just to be clear: I never blamed British people or expats for the ways their embassy work. I just realistically and openly explained it to OP. So, that he and his girlfriend would not lose their time.
It's not my fault that you took is as a personal attack on you, on Britain or on expats. Was I supposed to send these people to get a visa which they never will obtain, to spare your imaginary hurts?
I stand by my words: a Ukrainian can't get a work visa to UK, and not even a tourist visa (unless the Ukrainian in question is a millionaire, a big boss or affiliated with very influential people, but this is an exception, and not the rule).