Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Fed Up British Ex-pat wannabe

Fed Up British Ex-pat wannabe

Old Feb 18th 2004, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Terry Regan is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Fed Up British Ex-pat wannabe

Weeks and weeks of trawling throught the internet looking for employment with in the Passive Fire Protection Sector. To no avail. All I want for my family is a better way of life. England without fail is going to rack and ruin. Anyone got any bright ideas of where to go or any contacts.
Old Feb 19th 2004, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

sjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant future

I would guess that's going to be a tough one to get into. What about a complete change of work? Surely there's something either you or your wife can do? Maybe even buy a business overseas?
Old Feb 20th 2004, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fed Up British Ex-pat wannabe

Originally posted by Terry Regan
Weeks and weeks of trawling throught the internet looking for employment with in the Passive Fire Protection Sector. To no avail. All I want for my family is a better way of life. England without fail is going to rack and ruin. Anyone got any bright ideas of where to go or any contacts.
there was a program on bbc2 a few months ago and i beleive it has been repeated recently about a family emigrating to canada. he was something to do with the fire service but didnt have enough points so he managed to slightly change his career by doing a course and became qualified in a different sector. maybe you could do this? sorry i know nothing about your career or whether this is possible. you sound very much like i was a year ago but it does all work out in the end beleive me!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

Pommy Expat is an unknown quantity at this point

Expat, NOT Ex-pat!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

sjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant futuresjjs has a brilliant future

Expat, NOT Ex-pat!
Unless of course this is someone called Patrick who's changed his name to Eric in which case, ex-Pat.
Old Feb 21st 2004, 4:48 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pommy Expat
Expat, NOT Ex-pat!
Sir you are wrong.

from Dictionary.com
2 entries found for ex-pat.
ex·pat ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kspt)
n. Chiefly British
An expatriate.
either are acceptable.