Reload this Page >

Eligible for British Passport ?

Eligible for British Passport ?

Old Feb 14th 2013, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Danii30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eligible for British Passport ?

Hi All,

I am wondering if you would be so kind as to help me clear up the confusion from the recent changes to eligibility for the British/EU Passport ( which may have been last year or the year before?! ).

I have looked on many websites and contacted a few agencies and can't seem to get a straight answer.

I was born in August, 1982 in Australia, to a UK father who was born and bred in the UK to both UK parents, him and my mother ( Australian ) were married in Australia when I was born. I am now 30 years of age. My dad never changed over to Australian citizenship, however I think his British passport is now expired.

Any input would be fantastic. I am applying next week for the passport. It will be a nerve racking wait no doubt.

Thank you in advance. D.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Azarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud ofAzarel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Eligible for British Passport ?

I'm no expert but I think that the fact that your dad is and has always been a British citizen makes you eligible. The fact that his passport has expired doesn't mean his citizenship has expired so it shouldn't be a problem, although it's possible that he might have to renew it for your application.

If you haven't already, you should post on the Australia forum as I'm sure there are Brits there who have married Aussies and have had kids and might know the latest laws.

Good luck
Old Feb 14th 2013, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I will definitely get on to the Aussie forum and see what others have to say .

Thank you again, I do appreciate it.

Danii
Old Feb 17th 2013, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Hey There again Aza,

Would you happen to know if there is an age cut off to apply for the British Passport ??

Thanks Danii
Old Mar 29th 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it was eighteen...
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 2:09 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britishbull
Thought it was eighteen...
It's only 18 in some cases where you need to apply for British citizenship as distinct from the passport. In this situation, I would expect a British passport application to be successful.