Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe
Reload this Page >

Mail from the U.K

Mail from the U.K

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future
Default Mail from the U.K

We would be very intrested to know if anyone residing here in Slo is receiving mail from the u.k that has been opened by a third party?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 11:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mail from the U.K

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
We would be very intrested to know if anyone residing here in Slo is receiving mail from the u.k that has been opened by a third party?
I live in the US and yes I have received opened mail from the UK. It doesn't happen often but it does happen.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

booboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud ofbooboo24 has much to be proud of

Have had some looked a bit ruffed up but never open!
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

I had a delivery yesterday that had 2 magazines in a sealed envelope and had a 3 inch opening along the seam, the bubble wrap inner sleeve had also been slit open, if there had been anything small in the package it could have slipped out, we've been receiving mail here for a year now and this is the first such incident and didn't give it much thought untill i saw your post, did it happen to you guys?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant futureMike and Janet has a brilliant future

Yesterday we received a letter which had been slit the full lenght of the envelopes side ,the easter card was still in place,but we do not know if any else was missing!Today we received a strong evelope with a book which was also sealed around with parcel tape,this had been fully opened along the long edge of the evelope,I am very surprised the book had remained inside,a sticker had been attached in LJ saying it had arrived in this state!I can not help feeling there maybe something amiss back down the line,perhaps were the mail is finally sorted before leaving the u.k.
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:28 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike and Janet
Yesterday we received a letter which had been slit the full lenght of the envelopes side ,the easter card was still in place,but we do not know if any else was missing!Today we received a strong evelope with a book which was also sealed around with parcel tape,this had been fully opened along the long edge of the evelope,I am very surprised the book had remained inside,a sticker had been attached in LJ saying it had arrived in this state!I can not help feeling there maybe something amiss back down the line,perhaps were the mail is finally sorted before leaving the u.k.
I received a Christmas Card containing photos...the envelope had been sliced across the top. Fortunately the card was a very snug fit in the envelope...or the photos would have fallen out.

We discussed this problem in the US forums some time ago. If I remember correctly we came to the conclusion it was happening at the UK end and not the US.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

billycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nicebillycornelly is just really nice

We're worried now as friends sent a package weeks back and still not here , will have to ring them to see what was in it, thanks for bringing it to light guys.
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Most of you are still Lucky , galz & guyz :
I've given up on sending letter-post to my family in neighbouring Croatia , since much of such mail never gets to them - most definitively NOT any brochures nor printed material !
Registered post from the U.K. is just too expensive .
And , in January I sent a few glossy pamphlets , nicely wrapped , to a recepient in Moscow ;
what a waste of effort and money ! Still not received at the ( correct ) address there ...
Old Apr 4th 2013, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by billycornelly
We're worried now as friends sent a package weeks back and still not here , will have to ring them to see what was in it, thanks for bringing it to light guys.
We have been waiting 5 weeks now for a letter from my mum in which ,bless her she had put 60 euros for us when she knew we had to buy a submersible pump for our cellar.Some how I do not think it wil be coming!!