Working in australia

Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in australia

Hello, I am currently in WA. On a WHV (going to be changed as I am going to settle down here with my Australian g/f and child.)

My question is do I need to change over my qualifications to work here as an electrician (industrial electrician) ? Or can I just start applying for jobs?

If not how do I get this changed? Who do I contact?

Thanks
Ian
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:27 am
Just Joined

dieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nicedieseljocky is just really nice
Default Re: Working in australia

You should really read through the post,s before posting a dum question like that??
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:51 am
Just Joined

Warmapple is an unknown quantity at this point

have you tried reading through? the questions all go off topic.. The links in the sticky to the WA authority is a dead link and when I go to the main site of the link it just take me in circles with no info.

Most of the questions are about getting a visa and mine isnt.

But hey, thanks for your constructive input!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

If your still in the country i would have your quals done now, get your certificate together and apply for a ARTC via TRA, some of the information is no longer current but Wendy did a good job of putting it together. if you have already left then i'm affraid it's the other route for you, either way you may still have to do a trade test.

Regards

Kevin