Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

HELP!!....Vetassess and Licences!

HELP!!....Vetassess and Licences!

Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Benjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really nice
Default HELP!!....Vetassess and Licences!

Hello there,
this is only my second post on BE so go easy!..haha...I am currently in Manchester, U.K and have applied through vetassess to have my sparky trade recognised..Along with $600 AUD for the initial paperwork,then if that is successful I'le have to complete the practical @ $1,600 AUD..

I am waiting to hear the outcome of the initial application and see no reason why I shouldn't go through to the Practical assessment. Does anyone have a rough Idea how long this process will take if I applied in fEB 2010?!?!

My other quibble is I have read a number of posts on this site and it seems that lots of people have gone down the TRA route!......I thought you had to be in Australia already to apply this way!?

It seems certain I would have to do my WA A grade Sparks licence once I arrived In Oz that isnt a problem,or is it?!...I have read that you have to be in fulltime employment over there to enroll on the course?!

Any help or info would be a real help guys and greatly appreciated...I want to be out there as soon as Poss

Regards,
Ben

Bee all and end all is I'de like to get out to WA,Perth...... A.S.A.P rather than being stuck here in U.K with no work prospects
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:23 am
Just Joined

6991samantha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HELP!!....Vetassess and Licences!

hi there, god its not easy is it... i have to do an assessment with the TRA which is the assessing authority for my trade (locksmith).. they want $600 for the application but i gathered that a Yes/No answer would be gvien after 30 days of the application by letter which is what you need to apply for a visa, nothing was mentioned about a practical or costs, i best get back on the web....maybe its because its TRA and not Vetassess...i havent started anything off yet as I am only newly qualified at the trade waiting to hear If I need any experience or will my age (29) and British along with qualifications be enough for points and to start things moving.... good luck..
Old Feb 28th 2010, 6:38 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benjo
Hello there,
this is only my second post on BE so go easy!..haha...I am currently in Manchester, U.K and have applied through vetassess to have my sparky trade recognised..Along with $600 AUD for the initial paperwork,then if that is successful I'le have to complete the practical @ $1,600 AUD..

I am waiting to hear the outcome of the initial application and see no reason why I shouldn't go through to the Practical assessment. Does anyone have a rough Idea how long this process will take if I applied in fEB 2010?!?!

My other quibble is I have read a number of posts on this site and it seems that lots of people have gone down the TRA route!......I thought you had to be in Australia already to apply this way!?

It seems certain I would have to do my WA A grade Sparks licence once I arrived In Oz that isnt a problem,or is it?!...I have read that you have to be in fulltime employment over there to enroll on the course?!

Any help or info would be a real help guys and greatly appreciated...I want to be out there as soon as Poss

Regards,
Ben

Bee all and end all is I'de like to get out to WA,Perth...... A.S.A.P rather than being stuck here in U.K with no work prospects
before you part with any of your hard earned brass
please check that you can currently apply for a skilled visa as an electrican
with so many changes having taken place over the last six months and csl and modl lists been changed and scrapped i would advise that you first ask a reputable agency if a visa/skilled pathway is currenty available for sparkies

try contacting george lombard or alan collet for an initial ascessment

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/site/

http://www.gomatilda.com/

good luck

regards steve
Old Mar 4th 2010, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Benjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really niceBenjo is just really nice

Cheers Steve o

Just had confirmation through Vet that my competancy profile was successful, and I should now apply for the Practical assessment thats in June in U.K

I originally applied for permanent residency through Liveandworkinvictoria.gov.au

It was them who asked me to complete the vetassess programme in order to get the PR visa.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Hey mate I was told that until the skills list is out this year we cant assume that electricains will be on it! My egent phoned me to say I have an option tio either still carry on and HOPE we are on the list, or put things on hold and not to lose any money. I was also going for the June date they are doing it for the hole month. But if we arent on the list I will lose about £1700 as I wont be getting to OZ. Its a gamble and I am still trying to decide to go for it or hold. Too be honest I cant see how sparkys wont but then again if there is too many, we wont be on the list. My egent said they are trying to bring in more professionals rather than trades, but trades will still get in. A tiler is on the critcal list and will get through and into OZ far quicker than any trade. Look it up I did.

Goodluck
Old Mar 9th 2010, 6:24 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elect42
Hey mate I was told that until the skills list is out this year we cant assume that electricains will be on it! My egent phoned me to say I have an option tio either still carry on and HOPE we are on the list, or put things on hold and not to lose any money. I was also going for the June date they are doing it for the hole month. But if we arent on the list I will lose about £1700 as I wont be getting to OZ. Its a gamble and I am still trying to decide to go for it or hold. Too be honest I cant see how sparkys wont but then again if there is too many, we wont be on the list. My egent said they are trying to bring in more professionals rather than trades, but trades will still get in. A tiler is on the critcal list and will get through and into OZ far quicker than any trade. Look it up I did.

Goodluck
this is why i recommended speaking to george lombard or alan collet for an initial ascessment

http://www.austimmigration.com.au/site/

http://www.gomatilda.com/

will sparkies get back on ?
who knows

( my opinion )
it isnt just a case of do we need some more sparkies its also political
some politicians are claiming that migrants are taking aussies jobs and are demanding that numbers be cut ( so are the unions ), and as we are in the run up to an election i wouldnt be supprised if this happened in order to lure voters
Old Mar 9th 2010, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

I think from reading one of those links if we apply now we will be under OLD rules, going to talk to my agent tomorrow! I actually sent him the email which I have cut and pasted it onto.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

well Suppose I'le find out!, I've paid for the practical now.....Checked out DIAC information on Oz Government website and General Electrician is on the Skills in demand List!

Will not be a happy bunny if after all this I get rejected on some sort of technicality!
Old Mar 17th 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hey mate Agent phoned me said course is brought forward to MAY. I have now pushed ahead things again sparkys are on the NEW list there has been a draft sent to agents! YIPPEE, but dont know if we will be on the critical list not known until APR JULY time, fingers crossed!! It doesnt look like I will be able to make the MAY course so looking for next one for def to get on!
Old Mar 20th 2010, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Hey everyone,

From what I can gather reading on here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...df/csl-gsm.pdf

they're scrapping the critical list, and it's being replaced by the new skilled occupation list. Here's hoping sparks will be on it. I've had my practical brought forward to May, so I'll have to come home from my travels a month early. But seeing as there's no more practicals planned in the UK this year and with these changes being brought in, it's probably for the best. Still, coming home from your holiday a month early...*cries
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

There will be anopther assessment later on in the year. Towards the end, they only brought this one forward as it would clash with the new rules. But sparkies are on the SOL list everyone still not sure IF on critical list which would be push through quicker!

http://www.visabureau.com/blog/