wa liscense

Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

denboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wa liscense

hi guys might sound like a stupid question but i was just wondering if a western australian a grade liscense could be obtained in australia without an artc cert? by way of a course/exam
cheers den
Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wa liscense

Originally Posted by denboy
hi guys might sound like a stupid question but i was just wondering if a western australian a grade liscense could be obtained in australia without an artc cert? by way of a course/exam
cheers den

There's a member called Bridie, speak to her as I believe her hubby is doing this.

You'll find her on the first post here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435582
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

No point asking me I'm afraid, we are at a dead end at the moment and no idea where to turn, see here http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435949

TBH it would help if the licensing board or somebody had the foggiest idea what they were on about as I'm sure there must be a simple way round things but it seems very much a case of "computer says no" and that's as far as you get.

Good luck and I'll keep you posted if I ever find out any more info.....
Old Mar 21st 2007, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denboy
cheers den

There is a minimum amount of work experience, training etc that you are required to have to obtain a licence here. The ARTC is proof that the experience/qualifications you have in the UK are the equivalent to what you have to do in Australia.

If you don't have enough to apply for an ARTC then you will have to attend a course and apprentiship in Australia, which is 4 years.

See this link, section 8 for the 4 different pathways to the TRA, it's the same for the ARTC:

http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...ia4Oct2006.pdf