British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   vettassess practical assessment - Electrician (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/vettassess-practical-assessment-electrician-516800/)

Stoke30 Feb 24th 2008 1:19 pm

vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

Hello All,

Has any sparkies done the Vetassess practical assessment?
I have just passed the first stage and am booked in for the April assessment but just wondered if anyone could give any advise on what to expect as I've been doing primarily domestic installations on new builds for the last 16 years and need to know what to polish up on!:confused:

Many Thanks

docgp Feb 24th 2008 3:21 pm

Re: vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

Originally Posted by Stoke30 (Post 5976995)
Hello All,

I have just passed the first stage and am booked in for the April assessment but just wondered if anyone could give any advise on what to expect as I've been doing primarily domestic installations on new builds for the last 16 years and need to know what to polish up on!:confused:

Many Thanks

congrats on passing the first stage.

i dont think anyone reallt knows about the practical as its quite new

i am going to the april practical myself and im a little worried, but i cant see it being any harder than the AM2 practical test,

what does concern me ie the technical interview, i get quite nervous at interviews.

im sure it wont be an interigation though:)

any way good luck and will probably see you down there

doc

cjgoodall Feb 24th 2008 5:16 pm

well one you guys on the passing the first stage, could I ask what info you put in to vetessas as I am just starting my application.

chris

docgp Feb 24th 2008 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by cjgoodall (Post 5977643)
well one you guys on the passing the first stage, could I ask what info you put in to vetessas as I am just starting my application.

chris

of course you can ask :D

docgp Feb 24th 2008 5:23 pm

i submitted the following information

contracts from all employers that i could find
p60's as far back as i could
wage slips (first and last)for each company i worked for
copies of all certificates trade related
all in all about 40 sheets

if you have any more question please ask

doc

Sheff_Sparky Feb 25th 2008 10:42 am

DOL is one of the things you may be tesed on as the OH is getting quite worried over this.

have a look on thier website and it tells you what to expect.

Porter Feb 27th 2008 6:54 pm

Hi,just a quickie,is a certified piece of evidence a photocopy with an original certifying officers signature on it.I understand that a photocopy of the same document isn't allowed.thanks oh and did you guys have to pay someone to do it:ohmy:

Chris Ball Feb 27th 2008 7:18 pm

A certified piece of evidence is a copy of the original and the copy must be signed by someone in a position to do so, solicitor / police officer / accountant / Bank officer / JP Etc. Some charge some dont !!

docgp Feb 27th 2008 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Porter (Post 5991159)
Hi,just a quickie,is a certified piece of evidence a photocopy with an original certifying officers signature on it.I understand that a photocopy of the same document isn't allowed.thanks oh and did you guys have to pay someone to do it:ohmy:

thats correct

photocopy your orignals and have them certified the following is from the vetassess website

all documents must be certified as a true copy of the original by a person who is authorised to certify documents in your country.
Each copy of the document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

* the words "certified true copy of the original"
* the original signature of the certifying officer
* the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature so that VETASSESS can contact the certifying officer if necessary.

i had a neighbour who is a retired senior police office who signed mine

it cost me a bottle of wine:thumbsup:

hope this helps

doc

Porter Feb 27th 2008 8:23 pm

Time to make some new friends methinks!!

steve`o Feb 29th 2008 1:22 am

[QUOTE=Sheff_Sparky;5980591]DOL is one of the things you may be tesed on as the OH is getting quite worried over this.

QUOTE]

have a look at this then ;)

http://www.memonline.com/circuitdiagrams.html

Sheff_Sparky Feb 29th 2008 12:45 pm

[QUOTE=steve`o;5996820]

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky (Post 5980591)
DOL is one of the things you may be tesed on as the OH is getting quite worried over this.

QUOTE]

have a look at this then ;)

http://www.memonline.com/circuitdiagrams.html

oh steve, you star!!!

he's gonna love you for that!

nathan1983 Mar 2nd 2008 12:41 pm

I got an email confirming i passed the first stage of vetassess and to hurry if i want to make the april practicals, Im a bit worried about the interiew as well, i not so bothered about the practical side of things because i only did my am2 3 years ago so i think i should be ok there, its just 3 quarters of the stuff i did at college were remembered for the exams and then promptly forgotten about... i wish id payed more attention now:ohmy:

Chris_mac Mar 2nd 2008 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Stoke30 (Post 5976995)
Hello All,

Many Thanks

Hi, im also in the same position. Also on the assessment in April. I to mainly do domestic work but have done quite a bit in the past on industrial but nothing to do with DOL Starters. Having seen the wiring diagrams they are nothing spectacular.

shar07 Mar 2nd 2008 5:04 pm

Hi has anybody else had a date confirmed just wondered if anyone else has the 8th April. Good luck all.:D