Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Stoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really niceStoke30 is just really nice
Default vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

Hello All,

Has any sparkies done the Vetassess practical assessment?
I have just passed the first stage and am booked in for the April assessment but just wondered if anyone could give any advise on what to expect as I've been doing primarily domestic installations on new builds for the last 16 years and need to know what to polish up on!

Many Thanks
Old Feb 24th 2008, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

Originally Posted by Stoke30
Hello All,

I have just passed the first stage and am booked in for the April assessment but just wondered if anyone could give any advise on what to expect as I've been doing primarily domestic installations on new builds for the last 16 years and need to know what to polish up on!

Many Thanks
congrats on passing the first stage.

i dont think anyone reallt knows about the practical as its quite new

i am going to the april practical myself and im a little worried, but i cant see it being any harder than the AM2 practical test,

what does concern me ie the technical interview, i get quite nervous at interviews.

im sure it wont be an interigation though

any way good luck and will probably see you down there

doc
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

well one you guys on the passing the first stage, could I ask what info you put in to vetessas as I am just starting my application.

chris
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
well one you guys on the passing the first stage, could I ask what info you put in to vetessas as I am just starting my application.

chris
of course you can ask
Old Feb 24th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

i submitted the following information

contracts from all employers that i could find
p60's as far back as i could
wage slips (first and last)for each company i worked for
copies of all certificates trade related
all in all about 40 sheets

if you have any more question please ask

doc
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:42 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

DOL is one of the things you may be tesed on as the OH is getting quite worried over this.

have a look on thier website and it tells you what to expect.
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi,just a quickie,is a certified piece of evidence a photocopy with an original certifying officers signature on it.I understand that a photocopy of the same document isn't allowed.thanks oh and did you guys have to pay someone to do it
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future

A certified piece of evidence is a copy of the original and the copy must be signed by someone in a position to do so, solicitor / police officer / accountant / Bank officer / JP Etc. Some charge some dont !!
Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lightbulb Re: vettassess practical assessment - Electrician

Originally Posted by Porter
Hi,just a quickie,is a certified piece of evidence a photocopy with an original certifying officers signature on it.I understand that a photocopy of the same document isn't allowed.thanks oh and did you guys have to pay someone to do it
thats correct

photocopy your orignals and have them certified the following is from the vetassess website

all documents must be certified as a true copy of the original by a person who is authorised to certify documents in your country.
Each copy of the document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

* the words "certified true copy of the original"
* the original signature of the certifying officer
* the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature so that VETASSESS can contact the certifying officer if necessary.

i had a neighbour who is a retired senior police office who signed mine

it cost me a bottle of wine

hope this helps

doc
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Time to make some new friends methinks!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:22 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Sheff_Sparky;5980591]DOL is one of the things you may be tesed on as the OH is getting quite worried over this.

QUOTE]

have a look at this then

http://www.memonline.com/circuitdiagrams.html
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:45 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=steve`o;5996820]
Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
DOL is one of the things you may be tesed on as the OH is getting quite worried over this.

QUOTE]

have a look at this then

http://www.memonline.com/circuitdiagrams.html
oh steve, you star!!!

he's gonna love you for that!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

nathan1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an email confirming i passed the first stage of vetassess and to hurry if i want to make the april practicals, Im a bit worried about the interiew as well, i not so bothered about the practical side of things because i only did my am2 3 years ago so i think i should be ok there, its just 3 quarters of the stuff i did at college were remembered for the exams and then promptly forgotten about... i wish id payed more attention now
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Chris_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stoke30
Hello All,

Many Thanks
Hi, im also in the same position. Also on the assessment in April. I to mainly do domestic work but have done quite a bit in the past on industrial but nothing to do with DOL Starters. Having seen the wiring diagrams they are nothing spectacular.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi has anybody else had a date confirmed just wondered if anyone else has the 8th April. Good luck all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.