Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:15 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Alki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Hello everyone

Qualified sparks. Have recently moved to Melbourne. Qualified in Ireland in 1999. Sparked up to 2011 including a few years running my own company. Decided to leave the job and try other roles in the world of work not connected to sparkying. Needed a change after 16 years as I am sure many of you here understand.

Anyway I have decided to go back on my tools here in OZ but I see Vetassess have a rule that you have to be able to prove that you have been working in the industry within the last 5 years in order for them to assess my qualifications etc.

As I am outside of that time frame since my last electrical role where does that leave me?

A friend has said he'll happily say I did some work for his company but I'm just wondering how deep they would go with the research. For example will they expect him to provide wage slips etc?

Thanks for any pointers
Alki is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 4:18 am
  #2  
Concierge
 
spouse of scouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 16,275
spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Originally Posted by Alki View Post
Hello everyone

Qualified sparks. Have recently moved to Melbourne. Qualified in Ireland in 1999. Sparked up to 2011 including a few years running my own company. Decided to leave the job and try other roles in the world of work not connected to sparkying. Needed a change after 16 years as I am sure many of you here understand.

Anyway I have decided to go back on my tools here in OZ but I see Vetassess have a rule that you have to be able to prove that you have been working in the industry within the last 5 years in order for them to assess my qualifications etc.

As I am outside of that time frame since my last electrical role where does that leave me?

A friend has said he'll happily say I did some work for his company but I'm just wondering how deep they would go with the research. For example will they expect him to provide wage slips etc?

Thanks for any pointers
Mate - no one here is going to help you lie to get a visa.
spouse of scouse is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 8:00 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Alki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Mate - no one here is going to help you lie to get a visa.
Where did I mention anything about a visa?

I have an Australian passport.
Alki is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2018, 9:26 am
  #4  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 29,965
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Originally Posted by Alki View Post
Where did I mention anything about a visa?

I have an Australian passport.
Let's put it another way then......nobody on this forum is going to help you commit *any* kind of fraud.

Thread closed.
christmasoompa is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.