British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/vetassess-but-havent-worked-5-years-919510/)

Alki Nov 22nd 2018 4:15 am

Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Hello everyone

Qualified sparks. Have recently moved to Melbourne. Qualified in Ireland in 1999. Sparked up to 2011 including a few years running my own company. Decided to leave the job and try other roles in the world of work not connected to sparkying. Needed a change after 16 years as I am sure many of you here understand.

Anyway I have decided to go back on my tools here in OZ but I see Vetassess have a rule that you have to be able to prove that you have been working in the industry within the last 5 years in order for them to assess my qualifications etc.

As I am outside of that time frame since my last electrical role where does that leave me?

A friend has said he'll happily say I did some work for his company but I'm just wondering how deep they would go with the research. For example will they expect him to provide wage slips etc?

Thanks for any pointers

spouse of scouse Nov 22nd 2018 4:18 am

Re: Vetassess but haven't worked in 5 years

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 12597472)
Hello everyone

Qualified sparks. Have recently moved to Melbourne. Qualified in Ireland in 1999. Sparked up to 2011 including a few years running my own company. Decided to leave the job and try other roles in the world of work not connected to sparkying. Needed a change after 16 years as I am sure many of you here understand.

Anyway I have decided to go back on my tools here in OZ but I see Vetassess have a rule that you have to be able to prove that you have been working in the industry within the last 5 years in order for them to assess my qualifications etc.

As I am outside of that time frame since my last electrical role where does that leave me?

A friend has said he'll happily say I did some work for his company but I'm just wondering how deep they would go with the research. For example will they expect him to provide wage slips etc?

Thanks for any pointers

Mate - no one here is going to help you lie to get a visa.

Alki Nov 22nd 2018 8:00 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12597473)
Mate - no one here is going to help you lie to get a visa.

Where did I mention anything about a visa?

I have an Australian passport.

christmasoompa Nov 22nd 2018 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Alki (Post 12597529)
Where did I mention anything about a visa?

I have an Australian passport.

Let's put it another way then......nobody on this forum is going to help you commit *any* kind of fraud.

Thread closed.