US Journeyman Electrician

Old Jun 5th 2011, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Sparkee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default US Journeyman Electrician

Hi there, can anyone help me or point in the right direction to find work overseas, preferably Dubai if possible, looks like a nice place to work & safe, I hold a US Journeyman's Electrical licence, had my own business there for many years (Boston) we came back about 8 years ago to put the kids to school here. Thanks
Old Jun 5th 2011, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: US Journeyman Electrician

Originally Posted by Sparkee
Hi there, can anyone help me or point in the right direction to find work overseas, preferably Dubai if possible, looks like a nice place to work & safe, I hold a US Journeyman's Electrical licence, had my own business there for many years (Boston) we came back about 8 years ago to put the kids to school here. Thanks
Hi there,
Hopefully someone may be able to answer your questions here, but considering that this forum is dominated by sparkies looking to move to Australia I suspect you will receive few , if any, replies.
It may be worth posting a thread on the Middle East section of this site.
Also, on the Middle East forum there is a link to a list of recruitment companies who may be able to assist.
Regards Derren
Old Jun 5th 2011, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Whoops...you might be right there will take your advice & post on the middle eastern threads, thanks Derren
Old Jun 8th 2011, 9:15 pm
I've Started Over!

The Waters Family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sparkee

Looking to move to the us with my family as a spark (indianapolis or Denver), any chance?
Plus what do you have to do to get your journeyman licence.
Any advice and tips would be brilliant

Thanks
Chris
Old Jun 8th 2011, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Waters Family
Hi Sparkee

Looking to move to the us with my family as a spark (indianapolis or Denver), any chance?
Plus what do you have to do to get your journeyman licence.
Any advice and tips would be brilliant

Thanks
Chris
Hi Chris, it's been a while since I was there, 10 years in Mass, each state has different regulations, but if you are heading over there be sure to bring all paper work you have to prove you are an electrician, time served proof, certs etc. some states will except qualifications from UK but you will need to check, if I were you I would google as much info as you can, couple of sites below might help, but make sure you educate yourself the best you can, also the US are very strict when it comes to visas, when I went there in the 80's everyone was illegal since 9/11 everything has changed so get as much knowledge as you can. Having a contact there would be a big plus. Hope this helps, good luck to you & your family. Gavin

http://www.indygov.org/eGov/City/DCE...ges/forms.aspx

http://www.contractorexam.com/CODC_E_JESO.htm

http://www.dora.state.co.us/electrical/requirements.htm