Just been informed

Old Jun 8th 2011, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

NANOOOO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just been informed

Well i started my training at 17 and left when i was 21 after doing my training scheme with JTL

Worked for the same company throughout my scheme and after my AM2 i was under the impression I was qualified and when i passed i kinda ermmmmmm quit.

I went on to concentrate on property development/buy to lets

It has only come to light and pribably my own ignorance that JTL have informed me that im not qualified due to certain key skills not being done and my 3rd year log book being lost.

I cant go back to college cos im 25 this august and from what i remember JTL have also confirmed whilst i was in college there was many errors on there part in regards to keyskills - being accepted and not accepted.

I also had a problem with my training officer who once again was only with jtl for a year/2 and was eventually got the tick tack (sack) and this numpty was the one who had my 3rd year log book.

My company had a policy as to subject to your logbook being completed we will put you through your AM2 which i passed with flying colours but now the problem has arisen.

Can i still get my ARTC?

I have not worked as a sparks for a company for close to 4 years even tho i would help out when needed on the re-wires of my renovations/conversions and family property.

Am i *****ed to work as a sparks in Australia?
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Just been informed

Originally Posted by NANOOOO
Well i started my training at 17 and left when i was 21 after doing my training scheme with JTL

Worked for the same company throughout my scheme and after my AM2 i was under the impression I was qualified and when i passed i kinda ermmmmmm quit.

I went on to concentrate on property development/buy to lets

It has only come to light and pribably my own ignorance that JTL have informed me that im not qualified due to certain key skills not being done and my 3rd year log book being lost.

I cant go back to college cos im 25 this august and from what i remember JTL have also confirmed whilst i was in college there was many errors on there part in regards to keyskills - being accepted and not accepted.

I also had a problem with my training officer who once again was only with jtl for a year/2 and was eventually got the tick tack (sack) and this numpty was the one who had my 3rd year log book.

My company had a policy as to subject to your logbook being completed we will put you through your AM2 which i passed with flying colours but now the problem has arisen.

Can i still get my ARTC?

I have not worked as a sparks for a company for close to 4 years even tho i would help out when needed on the re-wires of my renovations/conversions and family property.

Am i *****ed to work as a sparks in Australia?
Hi there,
On the face of it, this doesn't look good as the criteria for an ARTC is successful completion of a 4 year apprenticeship OR seven years experience in an electrical trade.
However, you may have some wriggle room.
My apprenticeship was overseen by JTL but they were not the awarding body.
The awarding bodies were the JIB and City & Guilds.
So if you are in possession of your Part 1 and 2 certificates along with your AM2 then you could get a reference from your employer at the time of your apprenticeship then this may be enough to satisfy the TRA.
My AM2 certificate was awarded by the JIB.
I would certainly contact the JIB as in there eyes the AM2 is the conclusion to your apprenticeship and they may award you a completion diploma if you haven't got one already. In addition, it may be worthwhile contacting City & Guilds as they awarded me an Electricians Certificate.
I tried contacting JTL and found to be of little help, whereas the JIB were far more helpful when I contacted them.
I would suggest emailing them and their email address is [email protected].
I wouldn't go into too many details about this particular case. I would just send a generic email stating when you did your apprenticeship on on how to obtain a Completion Diploma. It helps them if you include your National Insurance number.
Hope this helps
Regards Derren
Old Jun 8th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Derren you foooooooking superstar Thanks for the tips. Will speak to them tomorrow.

Like you say about JTL - Utter WASTE of time. As i said about my training officer, he got the tick tack for being utter shite, I even said i would swear an affidavit the top guy at JTL had no idea what i said or what an affidavit is.

Once again Darren, You star. Heres a virtual pint
Old Jun 9th 2011, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

The problem is the "missing" logbook 3

Spoke with a great lady at JTL whos gonna do her upmost to help

Right now all i can get graded with jib is Electrical Improver Grade