Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

UK spark moving to Oz in 2009

UK spark moving to Oz in 2009

Old Dec 4th 2008, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spark moving to Oz in 2009

Hi i'm Tony a spark from Banbury in Oxfordshire. I have a spouse visa class 100 as my wife is an Aussie.
We are looking at moving to SE Queensland whenever we can sell our house in the UK.
I am a qualified electrician here 24yrs experience and have read lots on the forum, but most guys on here need the trade for the visa i don't.
It looks a right load of hassle to get a licence there could anyone advise should i start the ball rolling here. Or just rack up in Brisbane and see how the land lies.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spark moving to Oz in 2009

Originally Posted by quid81
Hi i'm Tony a spark from Banbury in Oxfordshire. I have a spouse visa class 100 as my wife is an Aussie.
We are looking at moving to SE Queensland whenever we can sell our house in the UK.
I am a qualified electrician here 24yrs experience and have read lots on the forum, but most guys on here need the trade for the visa i don't.
It looks a right load of hassle to get a licence there could anyone advise should i start the ball rolling here. Or just rack up in Brisbane and see how the land lies.
your first call mate and this can be done whilst in the uk is your ARTC
( australia recognised trade certificate )

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

as youve already got a visa your classed as an aussie resident so dont let that bit put you off

you`ll need to get together all your references and write about your work experiances just make sure that they include all the points that the assessors are looking for

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.

work these points into your refs and experiance and you wont go far wrong

Last edited by steve`o; Dec 4th 2008 at 9:04 pm.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Steve printed off the pdf form straight away.your a real star thanx for lots of other stuff you've taken the trouble to post on here
Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

quid81;

you may want to inquire at PEER in S/A that's the easiest way to obtain the A class license, they are fantastic people to deal with, i know from Jan 2009 they have been forced into a new system for Training for the A class license im sure they are going the same way as QLD, you can do a Google search for PEER then email them ask that what the score if from Jan 2009 tell them your still in the UK
Old Dec 5th 2008, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Website for Peer is www.peer.com.au

You might want to also mention that you don't need the Vetassess assessment and will be applying for an ARTC