Tra Success

Old Jul 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

madtanz is on a distinguished road
Default Tra Success

Hi all,

Got a positive from Tra today, well happy! Now to to finalise visa supporting paperwork and then get it lodged in the next few weeks.

A big thank you to everyone involved in the electricians forum as it is such a helpful site!!

We are using Ian Harrop and associates as our agent and I would recommend them if your looking for an agent to use.

madtanz
Old Jul 25th 2007, 2:17 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tra Success

Originally Posted by madtanz
Hi all,

Got a positive from Tra today, well happy! Now to to finalise visa supporting paperwork and then get it lodged in the next few weeks.

A big thank you to everyone involved in the electricians forum as it is such a helpful site!!

We are using Ian Harrop and associates as our agent and I would recommend them if your looking for an agent to use.

madtanz

congratulations guys
Old Aug 4th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

Me got mine today too, yipeeeeeeeee
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

madtanz is on a distinguished road

congratulations
Old Aug 5th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Tintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud ofTintsexpert has much to be proud of

just spoke torelies in Perth, 60 job adverts for sparks in the paper this week.he's a joiner & says every site they go on (commercial work) are crying out for sparks
just waiting for a leeter from wifes consultant then the visa app can go.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

FHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really nice

HEY GUYS ONCE YOU GET A SUCCESS OF THE TRA DO YOU STILL HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM FOR YOUR ARTC/LICENSE BIT CONFUSED AT WHAT COMES NEXT
Old Sep 24th 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FHYLL
HEY GUYS ONCE YOU GET A SUCCESS OF THE TRA DO YOU STILL HAVE TO SIT AN EXAM FOR YOUR ARTC/LICENSE BIT CONFUSED AT WHAT COMES NEXT

The next step once you have your visa is:

1 - Apply for the ARTC certificate - exactly the same as the first TRA application but is looked at by Tradesmen instead of just an assessor, so maybe put a little more info in, especially things about connecting and disconnecting from the mains. (There are two different classes of electrician here, a fitter and a mechanic - you need the mechanic class in some states to be able to get a full license.)

The ARTC application form can be sent to an address in the UK but you need an Australian address for the results. Doesn't matter if the address is in the same state as the one you are settling in or not so you could use anyones address.

2 - When you land in Australia you will need to attend the wiring rules course and pass an exam before you can get a full license. Again depending on which state you go to will depend on whether you need a workbook signing off or not (I think QLD do require it, but I know SA doesn't)

3 - Once you've got your exam result and an ARTC certificate you can apply for a full license. They need to be kept up to date as they expire (here in SA it's every three years, not sure about other states) or you will have to attend a course again.

Note: That you can claim training books, license and course fee back off of your taxable income so keep your receipts (they have to be claimed in the relevant tax year though).

Which state are you going to and I'll post the links for courses for you.

Oh, one last thing - please stop shouting (ie; turn off your caps )
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

FHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really niceFHYLL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
The next step once you have your visa is:

1 - Apply for the ARTC certificate - exactly the same as the first TRA application but is looked at by Tradesmen instead of just an assessor, so maybe put a little more info in, especially things about connecting and disconnecting from the mains. (There are two different classes of electrician here, a fitter and a mechanic - you need the mechanic class in some states to be able to get a full license.)

The ARTC application form can be sent to an address in the UK but you need an Australian address for the results. Doesn't matter if the address is in the same state as the one you are settling in or not so you could use anyones address.

2 - When you land in Australia you will need to attend the wiring rules course and pass an exam before you can get a full license. Again depending on which state you go to will depend on whether you need a workbook signing off or not (I think QLD do require it, but I know SA doesn't)

3 - Once you've got your exam result and an ARTC certificate you can apply for a full license. They need to be kept up to date as they expire (here in SA it's every three years, not sure about other states) or you will have to attend a course again.

Note: That you can claim training books, license and course fee back off of your taxable income so keep your receipts (they have to be claimed in the relevant tax year though).

Which state are you going to and I'll post the links for courses for you.

Oh, one last thing - please stop shouting (ie; turn off your caps )
sorry wendy its a typing HABIT i off to brisbane queensland hopefully by may 08 so if you could send the links it would be fab also what sort of cost are entailed on this artc and courses so I can budget for it thx