TAFE for Licencing

Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:31 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice
Default TAFE for Licencing

Not sure whether anyone will know the answer to this, but I need to find an RTO in Brisbane to do the off job coponents of the restricted electrical licence. I tried QET, but they have no course until March next year. I could do with starting something before that ideally November time. The QET training is 9 full days, but I think TAFE will be evenings or over several weeks.

Alternatively, there is another company in Coopers Plains from memory.

Cheers
James
Old Sep 15th 2007, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: TAFE for Licencing

Originally Posted by iceman
Not sure whether anyone will know the answer to this, but I need to find an RTO in Brisbane to do the off job coponents of the restricted electrical licence. I tried QET, but they have no course until March next year. I could do with starting something before that ideally November time. The QET training is 9 full days, but I think TAFE will be evenings or over several weeks.

Alternatively, there is another company in Coopers Plains from memory.

Cheers
James
I did my off job experience with a friend of mine who had his licence. Do you know anybody who would take you on?
You could do with asking or ringing round electrical contractors/companies.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:31 am
The Master of Disaster

iceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really niceiceman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I did my off job experience with a friend of mine who had his licence. Do you know anybody who would take you on?
You could do with asking or ringing round electrical contractors/companies.
I have a job already. Getting everything signed off is no problem. What I am trying to do is sort out the "off the job requirements" which means doing some extra training modules at TAFE or an RTO. Once these are done, the you kep a log book, thats signed off and sent to the licencing people, or at least it is in my case.

I need a restricted licence, because I a a refrigeration mechanic.

Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2007, 10:53 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a job already. Getting everything signed off is no problem. What I am trying to do is sort out the "off the job requirements" which means doing some extra training modules at TAFE or an RTO. Once these are done, the you kep a log book, thats signed off and sent to the licencing people, or at least it is in my case.

I need a restricted licence, because I a a refrigeration mechanic.

Thanks
contact alex josephs at yeronga tafe. i did my licensing via correspondance from up in cairns and he sorted everything out for me. for an admin fee of $220 he can sort all the log book stuff out and tell you what you need to know.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 12:49 pm
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by youngy73
contact alex josephs at yeronga tafe. i did my licensing via correspondance from up in cairns and he sorted everything out for me. for an admin fee of $220 he can sort all the log book stuff out and tell you what you need to know.
Thanks Youngy,
I emailed Yeronga TAFE and just waiting for a reply from them. If I don't hear before tomorrow, then I'll give him a call.
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Thanks Youngy,
I emailed Yeronga TAFE and just waiting for a reply from them. If I don't hear before tomorrow, then I'll give him a call.
Also, you could try ringing Bill Langford at Eagle Farm Campus, just off the Gateway. It's the exit before the toll. His number is 0438189404

Andy
Old Sep 21st 2007, 10:13 am
The Master of Disaster

Originally Posted by andicee
Also, you could try ringing Bill Langford at Eagle Farm Campus, just off the Gateway. It's the exit before the toll. His number is 0438189404

Andy

Thanks for that