sparkies in perth

Old Mar 18th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice
Default sparkies in perth

Hi! Can anyone please help? What is the job situation in Perth for sparkies and can anyone tell us rougly what beginning salary will be when he gets his a class licence, We need a rough idea because I want to knock price off of house and as we will be coming over on limited budget (equity from house sale) are a bit concerned that we will come over on limited budget and oh won't be able to get employment as we keep hearing so many stories about this happening. Thankyou for any replies.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice
Default Re: sparkies in perth

Originally Posted by saville
Hi! Can anyone please help? What is the job situation in Perth for sparkies and can anyone tell us rougly what beginning salary will be when he gets his a class licence, We need a rough idea because I want to knock price off of house and as we will be coming over on limited budget (equity from house sale) are a bit concerned that we will come over on limited budget and oh won't be able to get employment as we keep hearing so many stories about this happening. Thankyou for any replies.
Hi saville,

We too are moving to Perth and like you only have a limited budget! We sold our house just after Xmas and didnt make much at all.

We have now booked our flights and fly to Perth 21st April, luckily we have family out there who will be "looking after" us for awhile. We are also a bit worried about the job situation as OH has a really good and secure job here, but we are willing to take the chance. It would make life so much easier and less worrying if he already had a job to go to but i am sure something will come up

Anyway sorry i cant help you just now, hope you manage to get your house sold and make as much as you can on it. Good Luck!

Ang
Old Mar 21st 2009, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

We too are worried, however we have to sell house first so that could be god knows how long, we are validating in June so may get an idea of job situation over there. Good luck to you moving, let us know how you get on.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

saville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nicesaville is just really nice

Thanks for the reply, we had a viewing yesterday and it was all looking really positive and she even came back in the evening for another look and seems really interested till she saw a tile missing from my roof which i didn't even know about, she has no kids but still looked on a housing estate even though she likes her peace and quiet, we have fields for miles at the back of us but she really wanted fields in front as well but i think she realises this is a to much to ask for. We have had house on market since jan 08 recieved visas april 08 and had to validate feb we went to Perth and stayed at Scarborough but due to work commitments could only stay 4 nights so didn't get a chance to look at area so don't really know where we want to go, we are looking at Mandurah or Rockingham but first of all i think we will go to Adelaide for a few weeks to get his licence then maybe move to Perth as it is easier and quicker to get licence from Adelaide. Wish you all the best Carlang in finding work and Sharaz in the house sale.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by saville
This weekend in the West Australian paper there were 8 jobs advertised for electricians. 8 months ago there used to be about 70-100. Seek.com still has a few advertised but once again not as many as 8 months ago.
Best of luck.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

The job situation for sparkies is dire at moment, and thats the 100% honest truth
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
The job situation for sparkies is dire at moment, and thats the 100% honest truth

Thanks for being honest it is a real worry, we are coming over to validate in June and we have to sell our house yet so realistically we will not be over this year, lets hope it improves by then.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Offshore work seems to be still going strong, although you will need to do helecopter escape training at $1600.