Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

quickest route to full licence ?

quickest route to full licence ?

Old Sep 6th 2007, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

dekandwends has a spectacular aura aboutdekandwends has a spectacular aura aboutdekandwends has a spectacular aura about
Default quickest route to full licence ?

Hi all,
I know all of you'll be giving out a huge exasperated sigh, but I've looked at all the posts and I'm still no sure about what to do. Anyway, heres my take on it, please call me any name you like but if anybody can put my head straight i'd be mighty grateful.
I'm in the UK, and just got my electrical fitter/ mechanic ARTC certificate and I've got a job offer in Perth as a tradesmans assistant until I'm fully licensed. In order to cut down the time in Oz on cut rate, arriving in say, January,

1. Could I send my ARTC now to energy safety from the UK, along with the RO18 "A" grade license application form and all the usual paperwork. If I could do this, do you know if they'd send out my licensing requirements to the UK, or would it need to be an Ozzie address again. Also, do they send your certificate back to you ?
2. Before relocating, would I have to get my new employer to send in an RO10 form for working under supervision, so I could work from the off, or do I just need to produce the ARTC certificate. If I just need the ARTC, is there a wait before getting clearance to work supervised, or if I hand it one day can I work from then?
sorry about this, but man, ma heeds hurtin !!

I've got some more questions but i'll wait to see the outcome of these ones before pushing anybody else over the edge.

Tara the noo,
dek.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 10:44 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: quickest route to full licence ?

I am not really that qualified to answer this question but here is the link from steve'o

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...50&postcount=6

OH is going to go to Adalaide to do the peers course as you can be qualified in about 8 weeks then transfer it to another state.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

dondownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=481846
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Thanks I didn't relise you could do the course on correspondance though
Old Sep 18th 2007, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

dekandwends has a spectacular aura aboutdekandwends has a spectacular aura aboutdekandwends has a spectacular aura about

cheers for that mate, never noticed that thread before, sounds like the way to go.
Dek