Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Q question i've asked 10 thousand times!!

Q question i've asked 10 thousand times!!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough
Default Q question i've asked 10 thousand times!!

Has anyone done the aussie regs course in WA? If so could you give me the details of whereyou did it so i can try and get something booked.

Cheers Guys!
Jamie
Old Jul 13th 2007, 12:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q question i've asked 10 thousand times!!

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
Has anyone done the aussie regs course in WA? If so could you give me the details of whereyou did it so i can try and get something booked.

Cheers Guys!
Jamie

Found these two posts: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...West+Australia

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...West+Australia

Don't know if they help or not
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:07 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamiefrod

Cheers Guys!
Jamie
10 thousand questions in only 13 posts

mmm intresting
Old Jul 13th 2007, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Jamie, you will need a letter from Department of Energy (DOE) stating that you are allowed to sit one of the following:-
A- The Practical exam and the short Theory examination
B- The long electrical examination
C- Successfully complete the Electrical Trade Licensing course

A is completed if you have a ARTC
B is if DOE decide they are not happy with your experience and you do not have an ARTC.
C IS IF YOU DO NOT FEEL CONFIDENT ABOUT EXAMS.

When you get the approval letter contact Swan TAFE for north of River, or Challenger TAFE South of the the River.
Old Jul 14th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Cheers Brigall, thank the lord for you and Wendy! You guys could make a living out of this
Old Jul 14th 2007, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Q question i've asked 10 thousand times!!

Jamieford there is loads of people who have been in the same boat, just ask if you have any questions.
Examination is not to bad, you have 4 hours to complete 6 practical tasks, the trade assessor stuck by the 4 hours as some one had previously complained that their mate had been given 30 minutes extra and he had 4 hours on the dot, therefore all exams are 4 hours exactly now.

4 Mandatory tasks and 2 additional tasks.
Ensure you complete the 4 mandatory

1 Test 2 portable piece of equipment (Irons) check cables, elements, earth continuity etc and work out the wattage show all calculations in the book provided

2 Wire up an industrial 240v 16 Amp socket, distribution board, main switch and MCB's make sure you use the grommets in the trunking and fuse board as they are both metal.

3 Wire up 2 domestic sockets 1 light and 2 2 way switches with intermediate switch also wire up the fuse board with MEN link install RCD's and MCB's.

4 Test a domestic installation via a test board which the instructor simulates faults on various circuits, also high light any deviations from the regs.

5 Work out voltage drop on a cable and say if it is in accordance with the regs, won't be. Instructor will give you cable calc sheets and you need to say which one is suitable.

6 Wire up DOL or Star Delta motor with additional start stop buttons all done with quick connect cables and plugs.

Written is Regulation questions and general electrical knowledge although there is a few indepth electrical questions, but appartently it depends on which paper you get.

Best of luck