conduit

Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

whiddy is on a distinguished road
Default conduit

Is steel conduit used much in Oz and is it worth taking the bender?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:04 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: conduit

Originally Posted by whiddy
Is steel conduit used much in Oz and is it worth taking the bender?
no and no. it will only gather dust.
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:55 am
Just Joined

whiddy is on a distinguished road

Good, cheers
Old Jun 15th 2007, 7:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whiddy
Good, cheers
ditto what youngy said

mine has only ever been used as a cable jack for the rewire of my house
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

youngy73, i never thought i would use a steel conduit bender again but on a few occasions i must say i wish i had brought mine, but as i say on just a few occasions

arthur
Old Jun 17th 2007, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
youngy73, i never thought i would use a steel conduit bender again but on a few occasions i must say i wish i had brought mine, but as i say on just a few occasions

arthur

They don't even use springs to bend plastic conduit. Over the knee it goes. Who cares if it kinks? And they're too tight to buy bends and inspection elbows!!!!!

Andy
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Andy, ive not seen that myself where people dont use bending springs, but what i come across a lot is when people use PVC 20mm conduit if the have to go over the skirt board they just force the conduit over without putting in a set. How do you think that looks i think its crap when they do that.

As for Pyro cable they think im from the Arc when i mention that stuff they have never made of a Pyro end in there life, & as for steel wite cable dont ask mate.

arthur
Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice

Andy, ive not seen that myself where people dont use bending springs, but what i come across a lot is when people use PVC 20mm conduit if the have to go over the skirt board they just force the conduit over without putting in a set. How do you think that looks i think its crap when they do that.

As for Pyro cable they think im from the Arc when i mention that stuff they have never made of a Pyro end in there life, & as for steel wite cable dont ask mate.

arthur
I agree with you about not putting in sets. Looks shocking. I used SWA myself to get a power point out to a water tank 50 metres down a bank. The supplier quoted me $5 a metre so I quoted the guy based on that. When I went to pick it up they added on a $25 cutting fee! Now I don't mind the cutting fee as such but if they'd told me at the time I could've worked it into the quote.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:09 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andicee
I agree with you about not putting in sets. Looks shocking. I used SWA myself to get a power point out to a water tank 50 metres down a bank. The supplier quoted me $5 a metre so I quoted the guy based on that. When I went to pick it up they added on a $25 cutting fee! Now I don't mind the cutting fee as such but if they'd told me at the time I could've worked it into the quote.
when did you get your contractors licence andy
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve`o
when did you get your contractors licence andy
Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm working under strict supervision
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:21 pm
Worongary

I'm working under strict supervision
so was i

honest guv
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee,
all the wholesalers charge the $25.00 cutting fee its been done by the cable companies who are just greedy so & so's.

you can also expect the cost of cable to increase again in July by 10% to 15% Australia wide then they are also talking about another rise in cable cost before the end of the year making a total increase of cable 29% for this year, imagine not adding that onto the price when you quote, it does not sound a lot but if your using heaps of cable & you dont know the cost has gone up you could be up shits creek without a paddle.

As for the SWA ive not seen any here myself, i used to love working with that stuff
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee,
all the wholesalers charge the $25.00 cutting fee its been done by the cable companies who are just greedy so & so's.

you can also expect the cost of cable to increase again in July by 10% to 15% Australia wide then they are also talking about another rise in cable cost before the end of the year making a total increase of cable 29% for this year, imagine not adding that onto the price when you quote, it does not sound a lot but if your using heaps of cable & you dont know the cost has gone up you could be up shits creek without a paddle.

As for the SWA ive not seen any here myself, i used to love working with that stuff
Hear, hear. SWA is a joy to work with. Looks the dogs too. Talking about the cost of cable...on second thoughts, better not do that here. I'll PM you if that's OK.

Andy
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

SWA looks crap compared to Pyro the same size!

Or is that just me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.