practical exam theory

Old Aug 8th 2014, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

bigshot1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: practical exam theory

Yeah ive printed that off cheers who did you do your exam with im doing mine with future skills in brisbane ive not heard any mention of conduit bending or conduit i stalation :s also ive heard thiers some form of resistance pin board can anyone shed any light on this?
Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

I did mine with Vetassess so it may be different, but I'm not too sure. I think the pin board resistance is something that has been taken out of the assessment, but again I'm not too sure as your doing future skills and their assessment may differ from the Vetassess assessments. The conduit was just PVC and you were given a spring. It's only a small 50mm double set which you just bend over your knee. You don't get a conduit former or vice.
Old Aug 8th 2014, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Yeah ive no probs with bending pvc conduit should be easy that if its in mine, yeah my guide says nothing about the board its just what ive heard through these threads ha
Old Aug 13th 2014, 4:47 am
Just Joined

Sat my skills assesment with future skills in brisbane on monday and happy to say I passed if any one needs help ill be happy to pay it forward and answer any questions
Old Oct 4th 2014, 6:45 am
Just Joined

rossm is an unknown quantity at this point

All,

Has anyone completed the Prac in WA recently?

If so please PM me with any details you think may be of use.

It would be much appreciated!!!

Cheers.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

I've put together some questions.

If anyone could have a go at some of these for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Questions as they come up.

1. How do you ascertain the correct protective device during safe isolation procedure? Is it labeled?

2. What is the difference between Star and Delta? Purely Neutral/No Neutral?

For the practical how in-depth do you need to know this?

3. When testing during safe isolation do you test both the DB end (line side of circuit breaker) as well as the equipment end? Or purely the equipment end?

4. With the DOL schematic including both Power and Control Circuits: please indicate the best way to draw this. Should all control components be drawn outside the proper controls or integrated?
If anyone could link me to a drawing they know to be 100% accurate I’d much appreciate it.

5. For the circuit in question at the safe isolation: can anyone remember the details of the CB rating so that I can read up on the correct maximum ohms for the CPC.

6. After reading everyones posts it appears that the most commonly asked questions are:

Resistors in series
Resistors in parallel
Capacitors in series
Capacitors in parallel
Health and safety.

Any others that require special mention?

7. Is it true to say that

a circuit with a lagging power factor would have inductive reactance and a circuit with a leading power factor would have capacitive reactance?

8. Can someone link me to the exact symbols to be used when drawing the DOL circuit?

9. When carrying out the safe isolation procedure do you have to vocalize everything as per the 2391? Or is just your methods.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Hi all,

I've put together some questions.

If anyone could have a go at some of these for me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Questions as they come up.

1. How do you ascertain the correct protective device during safe isolation procedure? Is it labeled?

2. What is the difference between Star and Delta? Purely Neutral/No Neutral?

For the practical how in-depth do you need to know this?

3. When testing during safe isolation do you test both the DB end (line side of circuit breaker) as well as the equipment end? Or purely the equipment end?

4. With the DOL schematic including both Power and Control Circuits: please indicate the best way to draw this. Should all control components be drawn outside the proper controls or integrated?
If anyone could link me to a drawing they know to be 100% accurate I’d much appreciate it.

5. For the circuit in question at the safe isolation: can anyone remember the details of the CB rating so that I can read up on the correct maximum ohms for the CPC.

6. After reading everyones posts it appears that the most commonly asked questions are:

Resistors in series
Resistors in parallel
Capacitors in series
Capacitors in parallel
Health and safety.

Any others that require special mention?

7. Is it true to say that

a circuit with a lagging power factor would have inductive reactance and a circuit with a leading power factor would have capacitive reactance?

8. Can someone link me to the exact symbols to be used when drawing the DOL circuit?

9. When carrying out the safe isolation procedure do you have to vocalize everything as per the 2391? Or is just your methods.
Old Oct 21st 2014, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

joe c is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigshot1986
Sat my skills assesment with future skills in brisbane on monday and happy to say I passed if any one needs help ill be happy to pay it forward and answer any questions

Hi Mate ,
Is the format roughly - Domestic installation, Technical interview/ theory test , Motor control installation , Safe disconnect + reconnect procedures.

Should be doing the assessment at the start of Nov

thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

Matty F is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello you helpful people... Im booked in for my ostr in Brisbane in a few weeks and need help with the theory side.
Ive forgotten half of what I leant at college '9 years ago' and left all my books and notes back in the UK 3 years ago!
Can any body help with what comes up in the test and where I can brush up on the the relevent electrical areas.
I really cant afford to fail as I live in sydney 😫. Its a little stressful
thanks guys
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 11:54 pm
Just Joined

matwheel is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bigshot1986, I'm sitting my exam with Future skills in perth in a couple of weeks and Im just abit lost on whats in the theory. Ive read through this forum and theres plenty of answers just not one up to date for Future Skills. If you could shine any light on what they covered that would be great.

Thanks
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 12:30 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matwheel
Hi Bigshot1986, I'm sitting my exam with Future skills in perth in a couple of weeks and Im just abit lost on whats in the theory. Ive read through this forum and theres plenty of answers just not one up to date for Future Skills. If you could shine any light on what they covered that would be great.

Thanks
There is info on what is included in the practical assessments on here - whether there is any difference in a Future Skills assessment I couldn't say, but no difference for a Vic Uni one from Vetassess so I wouldn't think so. Each state handles gap training differently so hopefully someone from NSW can tell you what's involved. Have you checked that a future skills OTSR will be accepted as I had difficulty getting a Vic Uni one recognised.

If you are impatient for information, try asking Future Skills what is involved or for practice advice but posting to access the pm system is frowned upon and against site rules.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 3:12 am
Just Joined

matwheel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: practical exam theory 93696713

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
There is info on what is included in the practical assessments on here - whether there is any difference in a Future Skills assessment I couldn't say, but no difference for a Vic Uni one from Vetassess so I wouldn't think so. Each state handles gap training differently so hopefully someone from NSW can tell you what's involved. Have you checked that a future skills OTSR will be accepted as I had difficulty getting a Vic Uni one recognised.

If you are impatient for information, try asking Future Skills what is involved or for practice advice but posting to access the pm system is frowned upon and against site rules.

I wouldnt say I was posting to access the PM system. I use this site to share and gain experiences like everyone else, just never been a member. Thankyoufor your info on the course though. Also when you say Future Skills OTSR being accepted do you mean by the TRA?
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 8:12 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practical exam theory 93696713

Originally Posted by matwheel
I wouldnt say I was posting to access the PM system. I use this site to share and gain experiences like everyone else, just never been a member. Thankyoufor your info on the course though. Also when you say Future Skills OTSR being accepted do you mean by the TRA?
No, by the licensing body of your state. OTSR is recognised by DIBP for a PR visa. TRA will not be involved.
Old Nov 27th 2014, 11:36 am
Just Joined

amela is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigshot1986
Hi, can you please tell what was in the theory questions,health and safety questions and also in practical exam? I would appreciate your help.
Regards
Old Dec 18th 2014, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Ariff is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys I like to thank you here esp steve'o as i got my ARTC last week ,
ur directions were very helpful to me in preparing myself for the exam taken by TRA.
Now I need to go for LEA courses .just wondering if you can give me an idea from where i can get books of wiring rules & installation & cable selection

really appreciate your help.

regards
Ariff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.