practical exam theory

Old Mar 22nd 2016, 6:53 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practical exam theory

Originally Posted by TimmTam
Hi everyone,

I just wonder if someone on forum lives in Brisbane and have to sell book " Electrical instalation calculations"- by C. Kither and A.J Watkins ??

I need to get ready for my assessment with Future Skills ( 28.04 )
Shouldn't really be necessary for skills assessment - was it a recommended purchase?
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

TimmTam is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was reading old conversations in this topic few people recomended this book so I tought that could be usefull in preperation for exam.
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

is there no Amazon in Oz ?
Old Mar 22nd 2016, 12:15 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimmTam
When I was reading old conversations in this topic few people recomended this book so I tought that could be usefull in preperation for exam.
The calculations are more likely to come up in gap training later.

There are quite a few posts on what you can expect from the practical test - some ac/dc theory, safe disconnect / reconnect, wiring simple domestic circuits, some basic dc resistor circuit calcs maybe. should all be straight forward.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone,

I've got my assessment with Future Skills on 29/04.

I've got applicant's guide where is few example questions. I would be really very gratefull if someone could help me with those:

1."Your job as an electrician is to repair a faulty fan in a customer's home.
In dot point form, describe how you would ensure you can undertake the task safely from beginning to completion "

Could someone give an example of correct answer on this question ?

2."A customer has asked you to install an extra socket outlet on an outside veranda which is exposed to the weather. In dot points, explain the steps you would take to install cabling for the new circuit and ensure it is electrically safe to operate."

I'm waiting for help, thank you very much !
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 4:44 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone,

Could someone who had assessment with Future Skills answer on above mentioned questions ?

Should I include all disconnection/ reconnection procedure in this questions , how much detailed answer should be ?

Something like this is enought ?

- Undertake a risk assessment.
-Identify circuit to be isolated
-De-organise, turn off the power and apply danger tags, lock-god and lock
-Test for dead
-verify that circuit is dead and start finding fault
-Do insulation resistance test , determine If fan is damaged and have to be replaced or can be fixed
-do appriate steps replace or fixing fan
- after this do IT and earth continuity test
- Restore the power

In which part of exam I will have to use disconnection/ reconnection procedure ? it will be written or verbal scenario ?

I have exam in few day, really please for answer.

Thank you !
Old May 18th 2016, 8:40 am
Just Joined

oldie2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: practical exam theory

Hi everyone.
I'm due to do my skills assessment with future skills in London next month. Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on what to expect or any tips from anyone who has done it already? I am primarily a domestic electrician so the motor control has me a little worried and the drawing of the motor control circuit. But any info on any part of it would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
Old May 19th 2016, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by oldie2015
Hi everyone.
I'm due to do my skills assessment with future skills in London next month. Just wondered if anyone can shed any light on what to expect or any tips from anyone who has done it already? I am primarily a domestic electrician so the motor control has me a little worried and the drawing of the motor control circuit. But any info on any part of it would be greatly appreciated.

Michael
Hi Michael,

Good luck with the assessment.

If you have a check through some of the older threads you should find what you are looking for. I do mostly industrial maintenance so had no trouble with the motor. I did assessment with Vic Uni too but included basic theory questions, small DC circuit (resistors in parallel and series calculations), transformer test, fault finding on the motor circuit, safe disconnect and reconnect and small domestic installation and testing (one light circuit, one power circuit I think).
Old Jun 16th 2016, 6:10 am
Just Joined

SparkieMarcus is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a DOL for cheap in Australia?
Old Jun 17th 2016, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by SparkieMarcus
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a DOL for cheap in Australia?
A DOL what?

DOL stands for Direct on Line - a contactor! Try your electrical wholesaler.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 8:13 am
Just Joined

oldie2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: practical exam theory

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know I passed my FSI skills assessment. Massive weight off my shoulders. Thanks for the info given by you all.
Old Jun 18th 2016, 8:24 am

Hi everyone.

Just to let you know I passed my FSI skills assessment. Massive weight off my shoulders. Thanks for the info given by you all.
Congrats
Old Aug 10th 2016, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

jaykay2279 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone.

Hi Michael, Congratulations on passing

Can you help me?

Im also doing my skills assessment with future skills (downundercentre) in september.

Can you tell me if this is the correct drawing that you used as posted by dune earlier in this thread?

Also,

They no longer do the pre assessment days. Did you get sent a revision pack? If so can I discuss some of the points on there with you?

Thanks for any help

James
Attached Thumbnails practical exam theory-20131003_061746.jpg  
Old Aug 11th 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by jaykay2279
Hi Michael, Congratulations on passing

Can you help me?

Im also doing my skills assessment with future skills (downundercentre) in september.

Can you tell me if this is the correct drawing that you used as posted by dune earlier in this thread?

Also,

They no longer do the pre assessment days. Did you get sent a revision pack? If so can I discuss some of the points on there with you?

Thanks for any help

James
Only thing I can see is the arrows are the wrong way for the connection between the n/o contact and start forming the hold-on latch.

Do you understand DOL starters?
Old Aug 11th 2016, 9:32 am
Just Joined

jaykay2279 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Michael,

Ive never had hands on experience with a DOL, my work is mainly domestic, commercial never industrial.

Im quiet good a reading circuit diagrams etc, but the down under centre have sent a ladder diagram (never heard of one until I googled it). So just looking for the correct circuit wiring digram to get my head around it.

Ive picked one up from my wholesaler with an overload relay so going to give myself some hands on practice just looking for diagram that is correct that I can work from.

Unfortunately or fortunately I run my own business and I've cut back the number of guys I employ so I'm the most experienced. But there is always something new to learn I guess.

Any help would be appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.