Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

please some help, should i go to peer tec?

please some help, should i go to peer tec?

Old May 23rd 2008, 4:21 am
Just Joined

peter123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please some help, should i go to peer tec?

I applied for tra as electrical mechanic and got a letter to say i was unsuccessfully, then sent reapplication with more information and got invited for a written theoretical test in melbourne for the local trades comitee.
The test was for electrical fitter.

After my test i got interviewd and was told my test was good and that i had all the knowledge i need to have, but was told the ltc might have a problem with my work experience because its not exactly what they expect from an electrical fitter.

Last week i called them to ask if they had made a decision on my case and was told that they had a very long meeting about my case, but it was unsuccesfull for me because my workexpiernce wasnt enough or i didnt perform work in a broad enough range of duties performed by an electrical fitter. Although i was told they dont have any doubts about my theoretical knowledge.

Yesterday i received a letter from tra to say that my trade certificate was refused because the ltc was not satisfied about my displayed theoretical knowledge in the interview.

They also tell me that i only should re apply if i have substantial information that will show that i have addressed the shortfall areas highlighted in my technical interview.

When i called them they didnt wanna give me any information about my `shortfall areas` so i have no idea what to do now....
Should i contact peer tec in adelaide?

I hope someone can give me some help

thanks allot
Peter
Old May 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: please some help, should i go to peer tec?

Originally Posted by peter123
I applied for tra as electrical mechanic and got a letter to say i was unsuccessfully, then sent reapplication with more information and got invited for a written theoretical test in melbourne for the local trades comitee.
The test was for electrical fitter.

After my test i got interviewd and was told my test was good and that i had all the knowledge i need to have, but was told the ltc might have a problem with my work experience because its not exactly what they expect from an electrical fitter.

Last week i called them to ask if they had made a decision on my case and was told that they had a very long meeting about my case, but it was unsuccesfull for me because my workexpiernce wasnt enough or i didnt perform work in a broad enough range of duties performed by an electrical fitter. Although i was told they dont have any doubts about my theoretical knowledge.

Yesterday i received a letter from tra to say that my trade certificate was refused because the ltc was not satisfied about my displayed theoretical knowledge in the interview.

They also tell me that i only should re apply if i have substantial information that will show that i have addressed the shortfall areas highlighted in my technical interview.

When i called them they didnt wanna give me any information about my `shortfall areas` so i have no idea what to do now....
Should i contact peer tec in adelaide?

I hope someone can give me some help

thanks allot
Peter
Hi Peter,

Call peer and talk to the tutor, he's a really nice guy and will help you all he can. He knows the guys at the TRA so may be able to find out some stuff for you - I can't remember the tutor's name though
Old May 23rd 2008, 10:52 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi Peter,

Call peer and talk to the tutor, he's a really nice guy and will help you all he can. He knows the guys at the TRA so may be able to find out some stuff for you - I can't remember the tutor's name though
The tutor for my wiring rules course was Jess chiemlowski (think that's the spelling) and he was really helpful. He knows lots about procedures within the TRA and the courses that Peer run.
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NCFC
The tutor for my wiring rules course was Jess chiemlowski (think that's the spelling) and he was really helpful. He knows lots about procedures within the TRA and the courses that Peer run.

That's him ta
Old May 24th 2008, 12:56 am
Just Joined

peter123 is an unknown quantity at this point

okay thanks,

i called them yesterday and was told to call them back on monday, but it looks like they know what to do to help me, i`ll find out on monday

Peter