PEER Wiring Rules

Old Mar 27th 2012, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice
Default PEER Wiring Rules

Booked the course today and should see the books in the next few.

What's the quickest anyone has done it?

Has anyone done it that has also done the 2391 testing and inspect at home? How does it measure up in terms of sheer wealth of information?

Any tips at all?

Cheers boys.

Ross.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:12 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PEER Wiring Rules

Originally Posted by mashup
Booked the course today and should see the books in the next few.

What's the quickest anyone has done it?

Has anyone done it that has also done the 2391 testing and inspect at home? How does it measure up in terms of sheer wealth of information?

Any tips at all?

Cheers boys.

Ross.

Took me a few months. Its boring as hell. But you gotta do it. Maximum demand is something that you should spend a bit of time on.
Old Mar 27th 2012, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice

thanks mate, im hoping to smash it as quick as after the amount of time ive had wasted by the TRA.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:15 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: PEER Wiring Rules

Hi,

Did the PEER course last week. If you don't do the vast majority of the work book (ok to miss a few questions if you can't find the answers) they will not let you sit the exams. It's apparently been some time since a whole class had done enough.
3-4 hours of exams each afternoon for 3 days then the practical. It's not impossible but if you don't take it seriously you will fail. 80% for a straight pass in the exams so with 30 odd marks up for grabs in each there isn't much margin for error.

The only criticism I have is that it is hard to know if you are doing the work book correctly re the calculations. I was mostly correct and the brief revision session set me straight but with the short time available you have to get it fast!
Good luck and if you have any questions pm me.

A $25 taxi gets you to OCBA on the Friday and if you have 100 points of ID (passport),your wiring rules certificate, your artc and $388 you can apply for your SA licence as an electrical worker who can carry out any electrical work.

Good luck!
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Ok man, thanks for the info.

Received books yesterday and made a start last night. I find myself just copying the regs after I find them tho, or at best re-wording them. Did you do this? From
What I can gather its just an exercise in bein able to find the correct information.

Actually quit enjoyed it last night, don't mind a bit of studying and if it makes me an even better sparky over here then it's win-win.

Cheers,

Ross.

Last edited by mashup; Mar 29th 2012 at 7:19 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2012, 7:25 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mashup
Ok man, thanks for the info.

Received books yesterday and made a start last night. I find myself just copying the regs after I find them tho, or at best re-wording them. Did you do this? From
What I can gather its just an exercise in bein able to find the correct information.

Actually quit enjoyed it last night, don't mind a bit of studying and if it makes me an even better sparky over here then it's win-win.

Cheers,

Ross.
Yes quote them verbatim and put the clause number down, detailing to the a,b,c, i ii and iii if applicable. Some you may need to condense Into your own words but get used to writing small to squeeze it all in.

There's nothing about the calculations that's hard as such just a case of getting the mechanical process of doing them right, any questions you know where I am :-)
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

I did it in 2 weeks early 2009. a few hours or more every day. And yes its an excercise in finding your way round the book and reminding yourself of all that crap you forgot. 2391 I thought was much harder. I always thought if I remember right, It was weird that the 2391 you could NOT use the book, When its for inspection and testing and you are likely to have or want reference books to hand in the field. And 17th edition regs you could use the book when much of it is installation practices, Which you are supposed to be competent in. But then IEE are a little up themselves
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:20 am
Just Joined

hhls is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apply Licence in SA, what needed?

Hi, rinkerdink or anyone if knew:

Apply Licence in SA soon, April 2012,

what need:

100 points of ID
ARTC
PEER wiring rules certificate
$388

anything else?

Does need working Ref or any qualification? Because it is very hard for me fly back to get.

Thanks. If anyone just apply recently, give me idea.

Lex
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

Skinnygeorge -

Couldn't agree more re: the IEE. Found it strange that they consistently advised you to be in possession of guidance note 3 when carrying out PIR's, then hit you with a 3 hour closed book exam. Anyway, made me learn it more thoroughly I suppose.

About half way through the book after around 13 hours work so far. Just leaving anything I can't get and will return to it. Also missed the maximum demand sections as I want to spend a bit of time on that to get me up to speed, I done it as part of my apprenticeship but didn't give much thought to it after that as I went travelling and didn't have to use it on site.

Might post some questions up here towards the end of the week of I'm
Having any grief, gonna book up to go to Adelaide on may 28th.

R
Old Apr 13th 2012, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

The max demand and load sharing questions featured in my exam a couple of times so is worth getting right. And drawing a clear installation diagram. Distribution board, main bonding etc was worth a heap of points. Good luck