Pass ETL then licence?

Old Feb 16th 2012, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

uksparky26 is on a distinguished road
Default Pass ETL then licence?

Quick question I am going to Perth and am going to enrol on the ETL course when passed can I then send of for licence and start work as a A grade Electrician or do I have to do some sort of on site training also??
Old Feb 19th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pass ETL then licence?

Originally Posted by uksparky26
Quick question I am going to Perth and am going to enrol on the ETL course when passed can I then send of for licence and start work as a A grade Electrician or do I have to do some sort of on site training also??
Have you got your ARTC or OSTR to enrol with energysafe for course if not you could be in for along haul waiting. It takes months
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

I am in the process of my ARTC sending it of soon then when I recive it back I will enroll
Old Feb 19th 2012, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by uksparky26
I am in the process of my ARTC sending it of soon then when I recive it back I will enroll
With the ARTC once you have received you enrol, with energysafe get a approval letter to attend a CET for the two week course, once completed and passed you get A license no site training, if you were to use an OSTR that way after passing exam Yes you would have to do gap training.

Did you include your UK address? or try and use an Aussie one for sending result, this is were the real debate rises have they really stopped assessing from UK applications until we land and get validated!!! Why let us apply from UK if they dont assess?
Old Mar 4th 2012, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

markzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nice

hey there my partner is doing etl now at challenger in perth he pretty sure he wont be doing gap training after course he has a ostr , he going to confirm this on tues , will let u know

not sure about appying from uk if not validated as we had been over in june last year to validate visa , so when we applied in dec for letter to do course we were validated , we used uk address for letter to be sent .
to be honest there pretty useless with processing apps got my partner mixed up with someone else so took longer to get letter

give the challenger a ring from uk they really are very helpful and can answer some of your questions , we found cet to be very unhelpful and a bit couldnt give a flying fook attitude when we visted them ( maybe it was a bad day for the woman ?)

any way i recommend you try challenger they have i think 3 campus that you can study at , they supply all your books to you for the duration of the course so you dont need to cough up 450 dollars for the books

i know before we came they changed a few things then changed them back again slightly confusing lol
will give you a more def answer to your question on tues !
Old Mar 4th 2012, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot
Old Mar 4th 2012, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

How much is for the course? I read somewhere that if you have a PR visa you can do it for about $500, including the books.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

markzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nicemarkzoesean is just really nice

Hi biggaf we got it for 236 dollars or there abouts not at home to check the amount .that was with challenger supplying books for free , cet wanted to charge us 980 then books on top of that with a wait of 2 months ! We spoke to challenger and mark got on course end of Feb , only applied 2 weeks before ! They ve got loads of dates too . Hope this helps someone , challenger the way forward defo !
Old Mar 10th 2012, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

hey ! sorry its too time to get back to you , mark passed etl ,so we been celebrating lol !
he spoke to lecturer and dont matter if you got a ostr or artc once youve passed the etl course you get a A grade licence , no log book etc .
hope it helps
Old Mar 10th 2012, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Thats great, at least theres no gap training to do. It means you can get a decent wage as soon as your there (once you've done the course).
The future looks even brighter now
Old Mar 11th 2012, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Jenykforce5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi expats - my first go at this forum, so be gentle! My husband and I are in the process of emigrating. He's done his vetasess exam and we've got our PR visa and validated it with a recent trip over Xmas - should have done a bit of research but spent most of trip windsurfing instead!

Trying to find out the process of him getting a electricians grade A licence and can any of it be done in the UK?

He's been a sparky for 20 years and doesn't want to do any gap training! And does anyone know what it's like working for a mining company as a sparky?

Any info good at this stage,

Cheers Jen
Old Mar 12th 2012, 6:12 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jenykforce5
Hi expats - my first go at this forum, so be gentle! My husband and I are in the process of emigrating. He's done his vetasess exam and we've got our PR visa and validated it with a recent trip over Xmas - should have done a bit of research but spent most of trip windsurfing instead!

Trying to find out the process of him getting a electricians grade A licence and can any of it be done in the UK?

He's been a sparky for 20 years and doesn't want to do any gap training! And does anyone know what it's like working for a mining company as a sparky?

Any info good at this stage,

Cheers Jen
one way or another he`ll have do an australian wiring course "gap training"
which state do you want to work in?
Old Mar 12th 2012, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

Jenykforce5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
one way or another he`ll have do an australian wiring course "gap training"
which state do you want to work in?
Cheers for quick response! The people above say there's no gap training? Confused! Wanna move to WA.
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:17 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for quick response! The people above say there's no gap training? Confused! Wanna move to WA.
the gap training is basically a course set around the au wiring regs
weather this be a week at peer SA or two weeks in wa or a couple of months via a local tafe its still au wiring regs and called "gap training"

steve
Old Mar 13th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Hi there,
In addition to Steve O's reply, the confusion lies with the differing requirements for gap training from State to State. Most States require 'on the job' gap training of anywhere from 3 months to a year. Luckily, for you, WA only require the 2 week ETL course and upon successful completion your OH can apply for the full licence.
I'm in Queensland and need to do at least 3 months on the job training alongside study to get my licence. In NSW, ACT , NT and Victoria I believe you have to do a full year on the job training.
Regards Derren

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.