PEER trip

Old Mar 24th 2012, 12:24 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default PEER trip

In Singapore airport as i type on my way back from PEER.

Passed the course (that was pretty intense) - 3 hours of exams every afternoon for 3 days then the practical. went and had the licence application lodged the same day and i'm expecting the licence in 2 weeks.

Having done the level of 'testing' that is carried out on new installations and alterations and seen the in depth certification system they use I am staggered...

Met a great bunch of lads, had a few too many on Firday night celebrating but over all a good result!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice
Default Re: PEER trip

Yeah. Though Don`t be fooled though by the theoretical testing. Both properties I`ve lived over here in QLD are less than 10 years old and the wiring is dodgy as. Take most light fittings down and the wires will fall out the connections. No surprise people putting in huge amounts of foil insulation in the roofs were getting killed. And they blamed the Government not the installers. Sorry rant over. Well done. but as an ex UK electrician your work here will shine above alot of the locals.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:19 am
Just Joined

hhls is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, rinkerdink or anyone if knew:

Apply Licence in SA soon, April 2012,

what need:

100 points of ID
ARTC
PEER wiring rules certificate
$388

anything else?

Does need working Ref or any qualification? Because it is very hard for me fly back to get.

Thanks. If anyone just apply recently, give me idea.

Lex
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:31 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hhls
Hi, rinkerdink or anyone if knew:

Apply Licence in SA soon, April 2012,

what need:

100 points of ID
ARTC
PEER wiring rules certificate
$388

anything else?

Does need working Ref or any qualification? Because it is very hard for me fly back to get.

Thanks. If anyone just apply recently, give me idea.

Lex
Yes that's correct, you only need those documents you listed and the $.

If you need any help with finding answers let me know, I still have my work book and should be able to help out
Old Apr 17th 2012, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice

thats good you got to keep the book, i was wondering if that would be the case.

im not far off done now, got a bit to back through and catch, i left the ones i couldnt get out and just moved on as i done it.

gonna fire through my confirmation to PEER tomorrow and get booked up for may 28th.

you received your SA licence yet?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 10:52 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by mashup
thats good you got to keep the book, i was wondering if that would be the case.

im not far off done now, got a bit to back through and catch, i left the ones i couldnt get out and just moved on as i done it.

gonna fire through my confirmation to PEER tomorrow and get booked up for may 28th.

you received your SA licence yet?
It took 2 weeks to come through can carry out any electrical work, just waiting to see what July brings with the national licencing roll out. Pm me with any you can't find and I'll tell you where to look
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

mashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nicemashup is just really nice

What's this national licence you speak of? I'm
Off in may, in theory will have licence mid June then need to swap it for NSW.
Tell me this national thing won't shit on this plan haha.
Old Apr 17th 2012, 6:09 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by mashup
What's this national licence you speak of? I'm
Off in may, in theory will have licence mid June then need to swap it for NSW.
Tell me this national thing won't shit on this plan haha.
go to following link, outlines the national licencing system, recently changed from July 2012 to sometime in 2013 by the looks of it but we all know that the Australian Govt changes it mind!

http://nola.gov.au/
Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

looked into it last night, looks alright.

about time, its a bit outrageous that they have state-by-state licensing, yet the all work off the same regs. its nothing more than money-spinning.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 11:01 am
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes same wiring rules but Queensland has 2 more books that come in around 200 pages each. I had no idea these existed, i have been working here for 13 months. Now i am studying for my contractors licence and 1 of the 2 exams i have to do is on legislation. The other on testing and verification my boss has had a contracting licence for over 3 yrs and doesn't have a loop tester, but i have to be signed off using one. AS3000 says that testing rcds with the test button is enough, but Queensland is saying i have to verify tripping within 40ms. So i have just bought a 2nd hand Fluke 17th Edition tester from England on Ebay.
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

meglas is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
my Wiring regulation Peer exam in Adelaide is in 2 weeks>
Has someone some hints for the practical exam?
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 11:23 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by meglas
Hi all
my Wiring regulation Peer exam in Adelaide is in 2 weeks>
Has someone some hints for the practical exam?
Just some testing of a small training rig, consumer unit and a few circuits, just follow the testing procedure from the inspection and testing guidelines. There are earth faults, open circuit and polarity faults if I remember correctly. Not too difficult, you'll be fine
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:03 am
Just Joined

dunkl will become famous soon enough

Hi guys,
I've just joined to say that I'm going to Peer in two weeks too.
Workbook wasn't any romantic, seems like it's not been updated since 3000:2000 standard. Wasted too much time jumping from section to section finding answers. I am kind a worried about exam, but you guys say it's going to be fine, so I believe you
National licensing has been postponed (not unexpectedly), till unknown date in 2013, there is almost certainty that no state wants to accept SA license any more, but license is license... I need one.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:43 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by dunkl
Hi guys,
I've just joined to say that I'm going to Peer in two weeks too.
Workbook wasn't any romantic, seems like it's not been updated since 3000:2000 standard. Wasted too much time jumping from section to section finding answers. I am kind a worried about exam, but you guys say it's going to be fine, so I believe you
National licensing has been postponed (not unexpectedly), till unknown date in 2013, there is almost certainty that no state wants to accept SA license any more, but license is license... I need one.
I hear you, the kind of work i'm looking for seems to only need a restricted licence anyways in QLD but having the SA licence makes me that much more attractive (hopefully). I got a fitters ARTC so SA was the way to go for me, I am pinning my hopes on the national licencing FAQ where it says you will be able to carry out the same work after the national licence roll out as you did before ergo fitter/mechanic licence for me

We'll see, I probably won't actually need it but it is definitely a security blanket knowing that if the worst comes to the worst its a flight to Adelaide where I can work freely on or with anything vs a night hours mini cab job to pay the bills.

Good luck, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, they did say they were going to change the format of the course and exam around July time so not sure if my help will be much use?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 1:44 am
Just Joined

dunkl will become famous soon enough

Well, thanks for replying, I do have some answers if you're in the mood of opening your old workbook

Anyway, my point exactly, better any license than no license and I don't really care what ESV Vic will feel about it. I'm not even after big work and big money, I would be happy just to change light bulbs or meters, or whatever... Interesting thing was, that I applied one sunday for taxi driver job and company director called me in 10 minutes to ask me if I can start free training next day! But condition was to work at least 3 months 6 days/wk, 10-12 hrs/day after that; I got forklift license (in a day), so I've chosen to stay on a casual factory job - better pay so I could do less hours and be free to look for something else. My mistake now I can see, because they were pushing me around and now I've just chosen to stay at home for 3 weeks until I finish this exams. I'm looking in a bus driver ads every now and then, they are giving free training as well, but small hour pay and pushing for overtime too.

PEER has changed this course, but luckily, I've already booked the exam, so I'm doing 3 days theory and 1 day practical exam. I'm not sure, but now they are talking about 7 days of something... I got the books in June I think, then week after that I called and booked an exam for September, week after that they sent me a SMS "please call us we changed the course significantly" (my eyes started to twitch ), but then they said "OK, if you've already booked your exam, you're going old way".

When I come back from there I will probably have better info about everything,so I'll post it.

Concerning workbook, it was a mess, but I think I'm good now. I would like to have "Wiring Domestic Switchboard" drawing example if you can scan it and do I need to DRAW this in color on exam or do it practically (or both)?
In ETSA was hard to find answers, but I've did it using e-book copy.
I have nice amount of unanswered in 3017 section, so if you're in a mood to find your old workbook, I'll ask you for a few answers another time.

And if someone is in the same boat, like meglas, about workbook, ask.
Just don't ask about practical, I don't have a clue what's going on there.

If anyone can recommend good accommodation in Adelaide, but don't ask why I haven't booked that already

I've just remembered one more thing, do I have to bring my own tools and instruments to the exam, or I can use theirs? (I should probably ask them)

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
I hear you, the kind of work i'm looking for seems to only need a restricted licence anyways in QLD but having the SA licence makes me that much more attractive (hopefully). I got a fitters ARTC so SA was the way to go for me, I am pinning my hopes on the national licencing FAQ where it says you will be able to carry out the same work after the national licence roll out as you did before ergo fitter/mechanic licence for me

We'll see, I probably won't actually need it but it is definitely a security blanket knowing that if the worst comes to the worst its a flight to Adelaide where I can work freely on or with anything vs a night hours mini cab job to pay the bills.

Good luck, if you have any questions please feel free to ask, they did say they were going to change the format of the course and exam around July time so not sure if my help will be much use?

Last edited by dunkl; Sep 14th 2012 at 2:00 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.