Optimistic

Old Nov 21st 2010, 8:25 am
Unofficial Aussie

D_Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Optimistic

Hi all
I'm hoping to come over to australia on a WHV in around 6 months time. I'v been a sparky for 7 years including a proper 4 year apprenticeship and ive done my 2391. Whilst over there I want to get my ARTC and a full licence. My intentions are to find a decent employer who would be willing to sponsor me for permanant visa so my wife and I can stay. Or am I being too optimistic?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Optimistic

Hey mate I researched quite abit and spoke with my agent and think best way is the vetassess route and state nominated as you can chase the money, I have friends in perth and they chase the money, but with a sponsored employer well who do you think will be calling the shots.

Only my opinion there will be others out there!

O another thing after july 2011 there is a new points system coming out and from what my agent is saying it is unlikely any trades will past the points system, so get ur skates on in deciding!
Old Nov 21st 2010, 10:55 am
Unofficial Aussie

D_Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. Totally agree with what your saying.
Definately have to pull my finger out now as I was thinking about moving around july time! may have to be a lot earlier now. Vetassess seems a long expensive process and although there will be no easy option i'm just looking at what other options there maybe. What if I went out and got license and everything sorted on WHV and then applied for a skilled visa before july 2011?
Old Nov 21st 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Hi do you really think that you could pull that off in half a year, I started this process in March took me till now with all paper work and waiting for exam date etc.... There is no real quick way, best get intouch with an agent and way up ur options it doesnt cost till talk to them as theyll want your business.

If you went out there it would be hateful if for whatever reasons you had to come home because you couldnt get to stay, at least if you go agent, vets, state nominated you will be near guaranteed getting and staying there! Plus you can jump employers!

I feel safer the dearer way as some call it but then again is it really the dearer way!!!

Vetessass
$300 paperwork, exam pratical $1600

agent
£2800

Visas police checks etc...
$ 2700

Goodluck whatever you decide.

OZ
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

spotted this the other day.......mite be worth a try

http://www.wjobs.com.au/trades-and-s...rician/1485611