Looking for work

Old Jul 2nd 2010, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

SparkyUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for work

On behalf of the OH SparkyUK, (havent signed in on my name as I have forgotten my password)

He landed in Melbourne last week and after getting the tax and medical stuff sorted he went to ATRC to get his licence.

After waiting ages for the bloke to appear, he took one look at his papers and Vetassess stuff and told him he had to start again. With a first payment of $300, and more money to get the assessments, qualifications and finally for the licence.

THIS IS NOT RIGHT.

I knew he was being fed a line so asked him to contact our agent who promtly told him to get in contact with Vetassess in Melbourne. SO he went there the next morning, saw someone and now has his class B licence.

Dont be fooled into thinking you need to atart again if you have done the Vetassess route. I dont know anything else as I dont really understand what he was talking about to be honest.

Now he wants me to post this on here and also ask if I could get some feelers out for work.

Anyone have any idea.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice
Default Re: Looking for work

Glad to hear he got it sorted out. Our assessor in Blackburn warned us there were some dinosaurs we might have to deal with who are completely ignorant to the vetassess route.

Anyways, when I was in Sydney on my WHV, I used their equivalent of the job centre (sorry, can't remember the name). Their website was pretty good from what I remember.
The main newspapers in Melbourne should have a job section every week.
Go through the yellow pages and call companies out of there.
Join the union and ask around at the branch meetings.

Best of luck!