Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

London - Electricians - 16/02/09

London - Electricians - 16/02/09

Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Smile London - Electricians - 16/02/09

Just wanted to say to those guys I chatted to this morning, it was good to meet you. Good luck with your results. Second time round for me this morning so I really hope I passed.

Keep us posted with your progress!

All the best Nick (and Janna)
Old Feb 17th 2009, 7:33 am
Just Joined

gr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nice
Default Re: London - Electricians - 16/02/09

Hi Nick,

Hope you pass mate....you looked like you got out quite quickly. What part of the pratical tests did they make you do again??

Think i naffed the resistor box and bit of the motor:curse:.......so I wont be surprised if I get a second bit at the cherry!!!!!

Nice meeting you and all the other guys....good luck ian also!

Cheers

Richie
Old Feb 17th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

I had to do the disconnection & Reconnection & The DOL so hopefully this time fingers crossed that it all goes well. I thought i did well anyway will see.

Im sorry to hear that you don't think you did so well but the assessors we had on monday were far better than the ones i had first time round. Good luck mate and keep us posted!

And good luck to Ian too! Hope you pass mate.

Nick
Old Feb 17th 2009, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

gr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nicegr8sparks is just really nice

Cheers Nick....

.............yeh will keep in touch re outcome...............

.................lets hope for the best

State of me, Ive already looked into a course for motors today!!!

Im getting the exam bug this week eh, i forgot ive got my 17th edition update next friday in crawley............state ill be in by next weekend

I will either be p****ed or p****ed off!!!!!!!

Ta

Richie
Old Feb 17th 2009, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

sean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the rough

Yea I think Im in the same boat as you Richie, I managed to get the motor working but the resistor bit was something I've never done before. Was it me or did the Assesor not write anything down about our results all day? Im just wondering because I never see anything??? I really hope I've passed but in the back of my mind I think I havent done enough.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 6:48 am
Just Joined

Hi Sean,

I know it was a pain in the arse eh!
Wish we knew if there was a pass mark for the pratical like the theory where we had a 50% pass rate??
I didnt see if it was a straight pass or fail for any of the tasks we did, we were just marked on our competencies I suppose. I was the last to leave and he didnt ask me any questions on the motor or my mini-install, just livened it up and made me write that paragraph of bulls**t!
Think he was ready to get home after a long flight to UK and a day with us lot!!!!

Good luck anyhow, keep us posted.

Richie
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: London - Electricians - 16/02/09

Originally Posted by gr8sparks
Hi Sean,

I know it was a pain in the arse eh!
Wish we knew if there was a pass mark for the pratical like the theory where we had a 50% pass rate??
I didnt see if it was a straight pass or fail for any of the tasks we did, we were just marked on our competencies I suppose. I was the last to leave and he didnt ask me any questions on the motor or my mini-install, just livened it up and made me write that paragraph of bulls**t!
Think he was ready to get home after a long flight to UK and a day with us lot!!!!

Good luck anyhow, keep us posted.

Richie
Hi guys, welldone, at least the worry over for you lot for a little while.
My OH scott doing his tomorrow in london, just wondered if you had any last minute tips for him....
Was it as bad as you anticipated, or bit easier than you thought? Anything crop up that you wasnt prepared for?
Thanks alot guys,
And good luck with your results, sure you all passed with flying colours!!!!
Cheers Tna and Scott
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

sean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the rough

Yea Rich I was with you at the end as well, Yea he didnt ask me any questions either he just turned it on and that was it. Hopefully we have all passed.
The only advice I would give is make sure u know how to wire the DOL motor because they give u no indication of where to terminate the cables in the diagram they give u oh and learn where to put meters when measuring resistance. If you can do that Im sure u will be ok.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

tinaandscott is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sean, Is it acceptable to take notes in with you... Or do the assessors not take too kindly to that. And how did you find the first hours written bit....
Cheers
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:27 pm
mcv
Forum Regular

mcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nice

hi all,
yes i will be there on thurs too,feeling little nervous.what ppe do we need? boots and hard hat?.ive heard from some you can take in the sheet for diss/reconnect is this true.

cheers dick
Old Feb 19th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry for not replying sooner. You can't take your notes in with you. Nick couldn't any way. It's worth asking though. Good luck! I hope you are successful too! All the best