like for like changes in WA

Old Oct 21st 2008, 2:13 am
Just Joined

scooby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default like for like changes in WA

Just wondered if someone could give me a quick answer,
A friend/ family member as asked for me to change a light fitting, a straight swap. I have a WA elec mechanic licence but i know how energy safety love to go over the top with red tape (which is ironic as the standard of work i often see is awful) should I be doing this or do i need a contractors licence $7000 worth of training and several permits from the top guy in the state?
Old Oct 21st 2008, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: like for like changes in WA

scooby;

if you have the A class license you are OK also you will need to give the people a certificate of electrical safety, if you can do that then your fine. the contractors license is 1st for doing quotes 2nd for advertising for work without them your not allowed to do the two points i mentioned.