Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Have arrived in Brisbane....what next?

Have arrived in Brisbane....what next?

Old Oct 21st 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough
Default Have arrived in Brisbane....what next?

Hi all, I'm hoping some one can help. My other half is an electrician and now we have arrived is wondering what the next step is to be able to work as a lecy out here. At the moment he is employed as a electrician at a shipyard as the voltage is lower so has not yet done all the daunting paperwork! He understands that now he has to fill out another T.R.A form and do 12 months at collage, is this correct? Also are there exams to sit?
Apologies for not searching for these answers as I'm sure all these questions have been asked befor but I have a little girl who wont give me five minutes peace! you know how it is.
Many Thanks, Terri
Old Oct 21st 2008, 7:25 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have arrived in Brisbane....what next?

Originally Posted by Tez and Daz
Hi all, I'm hoping some one can help. My other half is an electrician and now we have arrived is wondering what the next step is to be able to work as a lecy out here. At the moment he is employed as a electrician at a shipyard as the voltage is lower so has not yet done all the daunting paperwork! He understands that now he has to fill out another T.R.A form and do 12 months at collage, is this correct? Also are there exams to sit?
Apologies for not searching for these answers as I'm sure all these questions have been asked befor but I have a little girl who wont give me five minutes peace! you know how it is.
Many Thanks, Terri

its not as bad as it seems as we have worked a way around it
once you have your artc ( australian recognised trade cert ) from the tra
its a trip down to adeliade for approx 2 1/2 weeks and your licenced
much easier than the qld route whicgh requires a minimum 4 month log book even ifyou go via correspondance

loads of info on here or if you want pop down over the weekend we are on thegoldcaost pm me for details and i`ll show you whats needed reference etc wise and we`ll have a couple of beers to boot

regards steve
Old Oct 21st 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Have arrived in Brisbane....what next?

Originally Posted by steve`o
its not as bad as it seems as we have worked a way around it
once you have your artc ( australian recognised trade cert ) from the tra
its a trip down to adeliade for approx 2 1/2 weeks and your licenced
much easier than the qld route whicgh requires a minimum 4 month log book even ifyou go via correspondance

loads of info on here or if you want pop down over the weekend we are on thegoldcaost pm me for details and i`ll show you whats needed reference etc wise and we`ll have a couple of beers to boot

regards steve
Thanks Steve, We were planing a trip down the gold coast this weekend so will pm you shortly. He will be very pleased that 12 months at collage is not needed! Also we have family in Adelaide so this way sounds great.
Thanks again for your reply
Terri