Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Licensed electrical assessment

Licensed electrical assessment

Old Jul 8th 2014, 9:49 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Licensed electrical assessment

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Also just a quick one.

With maximum demand load groups can anyone clarify when you use the lesser number I.e you have 100 lights split over three phase, does this mean 5+3+etc for each or is it 5+3 for the first phase then just 3+ for the rest? If I had 1 3 phase 10a/ 2*20A and 1*15A gpo's what would be the grouping? If anyone has a link or something that could explain a little better that would be awesome...

Cheers
Sparkyjames
It's the load per phase - there are examples in the back of the regs book
Old Jul 15th 2014, 2:57 am
Just Joined

Kris31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All....Here is my story.

Got my Licence in South Australia.Got A grade in victoria as a result of mutual recognition around 5 years ago.Was working continuosly till last month....project finished.

I thought to get REC to do some private jobs or become subby.......When enquired with ESV.....they said that i need to do LEA to get REC.

I bought PDF of all the books from a guy who gave me non printable version ...again paid someone to make it printable.Now i need some help from you guys.

I need some sample question papers as there is only one set available on EPIC ITB website and also if someone has recently passed the LEA exam.....Plz tell about Theory part.

Much appreciated..
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

sparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond reputesparkyjames has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkyjames
Hey all, just thought I'd share these two links with you. Its part of an electrical exam in qld and should give you some idea of what to expect -

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4gx...p=docslist_api

And

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4gx...p=docslist_api

Hope it helps...
Hey all,

Don't suppose any of you have gone through these examples? I have to hand them back in soon and I'm not 100% convinced on some of my answers..

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers
Old Feb 18th 2015, 5:31 am
Just Joined

C_fog is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anybody PM me step by step instructions for the Victorian SWP exam please? Would be much appreciated.

Chris.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 1:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_fog
Can anybody PM me step by step instructions for the Victorian SWP exam please? Would be much appreciated.

Chris.
No one can pm you as you need a minimum number of posts to access the pm system.

Not sure what you mean by SWP - LEA / LET have examples and practice tests on the EPIC site - EPIC ITB - Licensed Electrical Assessment - and VIC UNI with have guidelines on OTSR on their site - Skilled Migration Assessment Services (SMAS) | Victoria University | Melbourne Australia
Old Feb 18th 2015, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Safe working practice assessment (SWP) is one of the three LEA assessments. Arthur, are you still able to provide the step by step instructions? Thanks.

Chris.
Old Feb 18th 2015, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by C_fog
Safe working practice assessment (SWP) is one of the three LEA assessments. Arthur, are you still able to provide the step by step instructions? Thanks.

Chris.
Did you check the EPIC site - there is a review sheet for the SWP that can be downloaded - http://www.epicitb.com/uploads/Downl...w%20140714.pdf - if you look at what they are marking you on then it should be easy enough to figure out what you need to do. It looks to be a safe disconnection / reconnection test so should be straight forward.

There is also a step by step guide on Vetassess site - may be the same format - http://www.vetassess.com.au/Portals/...te%20Guide.pdf
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Cheers, thanks for that