Help please

Old Mar 4th 2015, 3:50 am
Just Joined

LozUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help please

So i apologise for making another thread but i need help again. Basically i am currently living in Sydney on a working holiday visa. I am a fully qualified electrician in England and have my certs with me. I tried to phone the tafe today and they said its almost impossible to go that route as he said i need a craft cert and i need to be working and also have about 14000 dollars on me which i dont. Where are you supposed to start? all i know is i probably have to do a health and safety course and a wiring regs course. Do i need to do Vetassess? and can i even do that on a WHV? if you can think of anything else i need to do please say so i can get a list together and do it bit by bit
Old Mar 4th 2015, 5:57 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please

Originally Posted by LozUK
So i apologise for making another thread but i need help again. Basically i am currently living in Sydney on a working holiday visa. I am a fully qualified electrician in England and have my certs with me. I tried to phone the tafe today and they said its almost impossible to go that route as he said i need a craft cert and i need to be working and also have about 14000 dollars on me which i dont. Where are you supposed to start? all i know is i probably have to do a health and safety course and a wiring regs course. Do i need to do Vetassess? and can i even do that on a WHV? if you can think of anything else i need to do please say so i can get a list together and do it bit by bit
So you're on holiday in Australia, doing some work to fund it. I wouldn't worry about Vetassess or licensing. Go fruit picking, tour the country, have a good holiday and if you later decide to migrate, worry about Vetassess then. If you want to work as an unlicensed spark, you may earn a bit more than fruit picking and bar work and for that you may need a white card which will take half a day to get.

Google search NSW unlicensed spark jobs or something similar if you want to go that way but don't make it the be all and end all or you'll forget to enjoy the experience!