Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

What next? Best/quickest way to get license?

What next? Best/quickest way to get license?

Old Mar 5th 2015, 1:59 am
Just Joined

RyanWilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What next? Best/quickest way to get license?

Can any1 help? I want to find out whether i can still get an electrical license by going down Adelaide and sitting the 10-day wiring regulations course. I already have my ATRC but am yet to move forward to getting my license but as i an now working in WA i would like to get my license asap.

Is it possible to swap the SA license for a WA license? Who is the best people to ask because i dont want to go and pay $1000's to do the course if its not going to be benefitial to me.

Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2015, 6:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What next? Best/quickest way to get license?

Originally Posted by RyanWilliams
Can any1 help? I want to find out whether i can still get an electrical license by going down Adelaide and sitting the 10-day wiring regulations course. I already have my ATRC but am yet to move forward to getting my license but as i an now working in WA i would like to get my license asap.

Is it possible to swap the SA license for a WA license? Who is the best people to ask because i dont want to go and pay $1000's to do the course if its not going to be benefitial to me.

Thanks
I had a quick look, and although you can still do the wiring rules course with PEER, I couldn't see ARTC as an option for gaining a full license. For the best answer though, I would contact PEER as they will know if it's possible or not.

The alternative is gap training and you may as well do this in WA - sorry.