licence?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice
Default licence?

Hello all,
I know this has probably been asked before but is the course to get the queensland licence full time and how do you go about getting a restricted licence? I'm just trying to budget our arriving in Oz and wondered if i can work at anything until i get the licence or does the course take up all the time?
Cheers Les
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: licence?

Originally Posted by Ding Dong
Hello all,
I know this has probably been asked before but is the course to get the queensland licence full time and how do you go about getting a restricted licence? I'm just trying to budget our arriving in Oz and wondered if i can work at anything until i get the licence or does the course take up all the time?
Cheers Les
have a good lokk on here mate

http://www.qet.edu.au/
Old Aug 4th 2007, 2:06 am
s**t rolls down hill

sparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud ofsparks124 has much to be proud of

Hello all,
Cheers Les
get your ARTC before you come out. when you apply for it, it will have to be sent to a queensland address but that will send you a ggod few weeks and let you apply for temp licence as soon as you arrive. give us shout by email if you need any more info. sparks
Old Aug 5th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ding Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really niceDing Dong is just really nice

Cheers Sparks,
I'll do that. When can i apply for the ARTC? As soon as i get my Visa or after the TRA or now maybe?
Les
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Sparks,
I'll do that. When can i apply for the ARTC? As soon as i get my Visa or after the TRA or now maybe?
Les

When you have your visa, as they will want a certified copy of it
Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Wendy
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:18 pm
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
When you have your visa, as they will want a certified copy of it

Hi Wendy

You say that they will need a copy of your Visa when applying for your ARTC as i was going to apply before mine came ??already sent off for it ??

Martin
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:34 pm
On Our Way in Nov!

kbdb is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry but you do need your full visa before you apply for artc. the kind of things you need (to send with the appl form) are:

- copy of passport
- evidence of visa
- 2 passport photos (haven't aus got enough of these already?)
- basically, copies of everything you sent to TRA to get skills assessed (letters from employers, certificates, etc)

The form is practically the same as the TRA one, why they have so much redtape/paperwork is beyond me, surely it would be easier when passing everyone TRA to them grant ARTC?

Good luck with everything!
KAREN
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martin4414
Hi Wendy

You say that they will need a copy of your Visa when applying for your ARTC as i was going to apply before mine came ??already sent off for it ??

Martin

You can start filling it all in, getting your references in order etc. But you will need to send a certified copy of your visa sticker with your application.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 10:35 am
NO1SPARKY!

martin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud ofmartin4414 has much to be proud of

OK

Just so ive got this right

When applying for the ARTC i Want to be classed Electrical Mechanic
The TRA gave me General Electrician
I give the ARTC all docs that the TRA had and anything else up to date and all the other stuff you mentioned.
How can i be confident that they will grant me this and not an Electrical Fitters One
As ive heard that the Electrical Mechanical is the one to go for,???

Regards

Martin
</IMG>
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK

Just so ive got this right

When applying for the ARTC i Want to be classed Electrical Mechanic
The TRA gave me General Electrician
I give the ARTC all docs that the TRA had and anything else up to date and all the other stuff you mentioned.
How can i be confident that they will grant me this and not an Electrical Fitters One
As ive heard that the Electrical Mechanical is the one to go for,???

Regards

Martin
Providing you got lots of connecting/disconnecting evidence in there, you should be OK.

But anyhow, in SA it doesn't matter either way, you can have a full unrestricted licence with either.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 12:22 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by Wendy
Providing you got lots of connecting/disconnecting evidence in there, you should be OK.

But anyhow, in SA it doesn't matter either way, you can have a full unrestricted licence with either.

Hi Wendy

As again you have a wealth of information by the way how much is it all gona cost???

Martin
Old Aug 9th 2007, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Martin as Wendy says make sure you mention connecting/disconnecting, testing single and three phase electrical wiring etc.
Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:09 pm
NO1SPARKY!

Originally Posted by Brigall
Martin as Wendy says make sure you mention connecting/disconnecting, testing single and three phase electrical wiring etc.

TESTING

Is that where you use the back of your handdont mind the single but 3 phase is guna hurt.

Nice one

Regards

Martin
</IMG></IMG></IMG>
Old Aug 9th 2007, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Wendy

As again you have a wealth of information by the way how much is it all gona cost???

Martin

It's $512 for the wiring rules course at Peer, and $350 (ish) for a licence application. $612 of that you can claim against your taxable income at the end of the tax year.