Interstate work?

Old Jun 1st 2007, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Interstate work?

Just a what if question?

One of the places I am considering moving to is Albury NSW or Wondonga VIC, the two are almost joined, just a river between them!

Now if work went dry in one, then could you work in the other? Could someone with a NSW licence work in VIC or visa versa?

Last edited by andym79; Jun 1st 2007 at 10:02 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:19 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Interstate work?

Originally Posted by andym79
Just a what if question?

On of the places I am considering moving to is Albury NSW or Wondonga VIC, the two are almost joined, just a river between them!

No if work went dry in one, then could you work in the other? Could someone with a NSW licence work in VIC or visa versa?
you would have to ge a licence in both states mate
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a what if question?

One of the places I am considering moving to is Albury NSW or Wondonga VIC, the two are almost joined, just a river between them!

Now if work went dry in one, then could you work in the other? Could someone with a NSW licence work in VIC or visa versa?

You would need to apply to the other state for a licence under mutual recognition. Details for both states here:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/bu...elicences.html

http://www.esv.vic.gov.au/downloads/...gnitionApp.pdf

So you get the licence in one state, then just fill in the form for the other, pay the fee (no suprises there ) and voila, you have a licence in both states
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

So getting a licence for another state is easy then?
Can you keep the licence you already hold? So in theory you could hold a licence for every state!

I am planning on living in Adelaide, I am just concerned that big city life will not appeal to me. Adelaide is over a million right? So it going to be similar in size to greater Manchester?
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

So getting a licence for another state is easy then?
Can you keep the licence you already hold? So in theory you could hold a licence for every state!

I am planning on living in Adelaide, I am just concerned that big city life will not appeal to me. Adelaide is over a million right? So it going to be similar in size to greater Manchester?

As far as I know you can.

Adelaide is pretty small.The only really busy part is the CBD (Central Business District), but even that's not busy really. Probably less busy than Manchester.

If you look either towards the Hills in the east, Barossa Valley or Gawler in the North or Seaford, Moana and surrounds in the South you'll probably love it as they are really small, quiet places. All with their own shopping centres etc.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

But you can hold a licence for two states simultaneously?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

But you can hold a licence for two states simultaneously?
you can hold two or more states contractors licences
so i cannot see why not
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

supersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to allsupersonic4 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Interstate work?

Hi John has a WA ,SA ,QLD licence,so theres no problem with having more than one,it does get stupid though why not make a Australian wide licence and cut all the crap out.
Cheers Lorri