Info on getting a licence

Old Jun 6th 2007, 8:49 am
Just Joined

leeanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on getting a licence

Hi
Great site. I am coming to oz to live in sydney and have had a succesful outcome from tra pre migration for electrician general. Having looked into it i realise this means nothing when i get there and the artc doesnt even have an option for this class. Is there any reason for this it seems a bit pointless and cost me 300 dollars.
I have got a couple of mates over there and they are telling me even if i get an ARTC i need certificate 3 in electrical wiring which is a full time course for a year and then after that i can apply to the office of fair trading. My mates are pissed off with it and jacking it in and coming home but i would like to come and give it a go. The papers in the uk are all full of how oz needs you and its short of tradesmen is this just a scam for the migration companies. Is it really that hard to get a licence?
Any info would be great
Cheers
Gerry
PS my girffriend registered me i dont have sexuality issues(honest)

Last edited by leeanne; Jun 6th 2007 at 9:06 am. Reason: name
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:43 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Info on getting a licence

Originally Posted by leeanne
Hi
Great site. I am coming to oz to live in sydney and have had a succesful outcome from tra pre migration for electrician general. Having looked into it i realise this means nothing when i get there and the artc doesnt even have an option for this class. Is there any reason for this it seems a bit pointless and cost me 300 dollars.
I have got a couple of mates over there and they are telling me even if i get an ARTC i need certificate 3 in electrical wiring which is a full time course for a year and then after that i can apply to the office of fair trading. My mates are pissed off with it and jacking it in and coming home but i would like to come and give it a go. The papers in the uk are all full of how oz needs you and its short of tradesmen is this just a scam for the migration companies. Is it really that hard to get a licence?
Any info would be great
Cheers
Gerry
PS my girffriend registered me i dont have sexuality issues(honest)
mmm you sure ( sexuality bit )

your mates are pissing up your back and telling you its raining
yes you have to do a wiring regs and test course but its usually one day a week you can always pm wendy for info re south australia a company called peer again wends has the info they do the corse in less than a month and you fly back and get a nsw licence for you SA one

need any further help just ask mate there are loads of really helpful and knowledgeable peeps on here
Old Jun 6th 2007, 11:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, did I hear my name

To get a licence in SA you need to apply for an ARTC certificate and book yourself onto the AUS/NZ wiring rules course with www.peer.com.au The course is held on a Wednesday from 8am until 4pm over 4 weeks.

Once you've got certificates for both of the above you apply to the office of consumer and business affairs (OCBA) for your licence. That's it.

Fully licenced in around 8 weeks if you don't mess about.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Steve,
Thanks a lot for the info. Think i might head down to south australia for a while to do the course.
I will let you know how i go.
Cheers
Gerry
Old Jun 6th 2007, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Hi wendy
Thanks for the advice i think i will go for it. Only thing i am wondering is how easy it is to get the licence transferred. Having contacted the office of fair trading in sydney i know how unhelpful they can be.
Cheers
Gerry.
Old Jun 6th 2007, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leeanne
Hi wendy
Thanks for the advice i think i will go for it. Only thing i am wondering is how easy it is to get the licence transferred. Having contacted the office of fair trading in sydney i know how unhelpful they can be.
Cheers
Gerry.
Should be a straight forward application. You'll probably have to pay though (no suprise there then )

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/bu...elicences.html

http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/LRSearch.aspx

Old Jun 10th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o, for goodness sake mate always stay on here helping people your the decent sort we need on here, as you rightly say that blokes mates may be taking the p**s out of him as we know all of us have to do the course & as you say its normally one day or night for 10 to 12 weeks then the exams its not the end of the world for them at least we can all help them on here.

arthur