Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

help re tra please -just starting out!!

help re tra please -just starting out!!

Old Feb 17th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default help re tra please -just starting out!!

Hello,
I am just starting to try and get my head a round the TRA side of stuff for my Partner Liam. He is a sparky, has own business, does commercial and industry. I have finished my skills assessment for nursing, so time to concentrate on the old man for a bit. We are going on my Visa (136 skilled - it was agreed it would be easier) I also agreed to sort out all the paper work (OMG!!! What a fool!!)
Need some advise - I understood the nursing bit (just) struggling with this.
Where do I start, forms etc..evidence and so forth..
Thanks ever so much!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: help re tra please -just starting out!!

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Hello,
I am just starting to try and get my head a round the TRA side of stuff for my Partner Liam. He is a sparky, has own business, does commercial and industry. I have finished my skills assessment for nursing, so time to concentrate on the old man for a bit. We are going on my Visa (136 skilled - it was agreed it would be easier) I also agreed to sort out all the paper work (OMG!!! What a fool!!)
Thanks ever so much!!!!
Wow... your response has over - whelmed me!!! Thanks Boys..Will go back to using main forum 'me thinks' !!!!!!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:38 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... your response has over - whelmed me!!! Thanks Boys..Will go back to using main forum 'me thinks' !!!!!!
hey that attitudes really going to get you some help
i think not

what you have to remember is

A we are 10 hours in front so when you come home at 5pm and start posting its 3am over here and we do like to sleep sometimes

B that we help out in our spare time you know that section between work sleep and everything else we all have to do

C and finally dont bother coming back because i am quite sure that we can all do without you and your childish attitudes

Last edited by steve`o; Feb 17th 2007 at 9:28 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve`o
hey that attitudes really going to get you some help
i think not

what you have to remember is

A we are 10 hours in front so when you come home at 5pm and start posting its 3am over here and we do like to sleep sometimes

B that we help out in our spare time you know that section between work sleep and everything else we all have to do

C and finally dont bother coming back because i am quite sure that we can all do without you and your childish attitudes
Hey Steve
I have just mailed you on another thread...Wires mixed up...I called you the God Father of this Forum as I see you every where... meant as a kind and welcome comment x
First and for most no offence meant!!!
Second- new to this forum and still getting to grips..
I an not a child and if comments offended- sorry.
Also did not know that people i nOz were connected to this forum..
So hey...Young blood here still learning give a little breathing space... Your knowledge and wisdom really, really appreciated...but your comment back are not!!! Emails and text can be interpreted different ways..Maybe we will both do well to remember that in future..
I am the last person on earth to want offend anyone -my job is to heal...
So..I guess you are a bit of authority on this site...give me a chance big boy...
Old Feb 17th 2007, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
Thanks ever so much!!!!

Hi,

Take a look at this link: http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

He'll need detailed statements/references from people he's worked for or with. If he's self employed he's going to need to send accounts (I think!) He'll also need to provide a detailed statement in his own words of what he does. He needs to be able to list what tools he can/does use.

I found that employers/customers don't want to be bothered giving the kind of detailed reference that is needed, so if you find that's the case too write them up yourself and ask them to put it on letterheaded paper and sign it.

It took me 4 - 5 months to do my hubby's, so it's a huge task.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi,

Take a look at this link: http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

He'll need detailed statements/references from people he's worked for or with. If he's self employed he's going to need to send accounts (I think!) He'll also need to provide a detailed statement in his own words of what he does. He needs to be able to list what tools he can/does use.

I found that employers/customers don't want to be bothered giving the kind of detailed reference that is needed, so if you find that's the case too write them up yourself and ask them to put it on letterheaded paper and sign it.

It took me 4 - 5 months to do my hubby's, so it's a huge task.
Thanks for this...I have produced a list a mile long for Liam to start on!!
Think I will take your advice and write up first...it sounds the best bet.
Caroline .
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this...I have produced a list a mile long for Liam to start on!!
Think I will take your advice and write up first...it sounds the best bet.
Caroline .

I think so.

I got some idea's from the description on job websites if you're stuck for info to put in there.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 7:02 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Steve
I have just mailed you on another thread...Wires mixed up...I called you the God Father of this Forum as I see you every where... meant as a kind and welcome comment x
First and for most no offence meant!!!
Second- new to this forum and still getting to grips..
I an not a child and if comments offended- sorry.
Also did not know that people i nOz were connected to this forum..
So hey...Young blood here still learning give a little breathing space... Your knowledge and wisdom really, really appreciated...but your comment back are not!!! Emails and text can be interpreted different ways..Maybe we will both do well to remember that in future..
I am the last person on earth to want offend anyone -my job is to heal...
So..I guess you are a bit of authority on this site...give me a chance big boy...
Carlinejones the tra/visa/artc process is a best along draw out affair that will take on average 8 months to complete
During he waiting it will have you questioning everything that you do, many people have so many doubts about whether they have sent enough information, have they answered the question on family correct and so on and so on, that they get totally stressed out , it takes over your life to a certain extent and becomes your one and only point of focus

So when someone poses a question we all try to help and answer the best we can, many questions have been asked time and time again and they get answered in a polite and helpful way, many of us have already been there got the t and know how it feels

So when some one comes along asks a question then spits her dummy out and stropps off just because it hasn’t been answered straight away yes I personally do get pissed off.

If you ant someone to jump when you say so pay a friggin agent there a lots of good agents on and advertising on this site maybe one of them will put up with you

And finally to answer me with

“I didn’t realise that people on here where in Australia??”

I've got a question for you

Are you blonde?? If the name of the site didn’t give it away
British Expat`s Australia Forum then surely the raft of Australian towns and cities listed beneath posters avatars gave a clue ???

I`m of to work now its 5.50am Eastern Australia time

have fun

Regards Steve
Old Feb 19th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

No offence caroline, but steve your f**kin funny!!!

S-j