HELP

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

jonny83 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP

Just filling a form out 4 the nxt step af2 vetassess to start gettin my QLD licence, whats a genral electrician equal 2 in there terms? is it Electrical mechanic, electrical fitter, electrical linesperson or electrical jointer?
thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

moriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to allmoriarty711 is a name known to all
Default Re: HELP

Originally Posted by jonny83
Just filling a form out 4 the nxt step af2 vetassess to start gettin my QLD licence, whats a genral electrician equal 2 in there terms? is it Electrical mechanic, electrical fitter, electrical linesperson or electrical jointer?
thanks
I'd like to help but i can't read text speak.
I always think it's like the french policeman in allo allo
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:11 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonny83
thanks

electrical mechanic

and its alot lot quicker if you go to adelaide for your licence
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

Kenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really nice

Hi Steve

I have noticed that you suggested that you can go and do your license in Adelaide. Would that be possible if I stay in Perth? Do you need to give up address details in Adelaide, how does it work?

I have done my first practical and failed, they now request for me to write a letter to the board and ask for another opportunity, please I am really desperate.

Regards

Kenneth
Old Sep 4th 2008, 12:15 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenneth2 3
Hi Steve

I have noticed that you suggested that you can go and do your license in Adelaide. Would that be possible if I stay in Perth? Do you need to give up address details in Adelaide, how does it work?

I have done my first practical and failed, they now request for me to write a letter to the board and ask for another opportunity, please I am really desperate.

Regards

Kenneth
as long as you have either an artc or the vettesses equivilant you can go to peer.com.au in adeliade and do your SA electrical licence and its valid though out australia, just use the peer web site for contact details as the info on there is shite to be honest, give them a call, book yourself in for the course and within 3 weeks you`ll have your licence

hope this helps mate

regards steve

see wends post number 8
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491978
Old Sep 4th 2008, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Kenneth2 3;

Stev'O is correct when he says its quicker & easier to do the A class license in Adelaide even if you must travel from Perth to Adelaide, well worth it all but make sure your on the ball with the wiring rules especially all new regs.
Once you pass the A class license you can apply to transfer the license to the state you intend to reside in, there is a cost for the application to move from one state to another but who gives a shit, its the best route & easiest to go.

All the best to you for the future

ps

make sure you know the wiring rules inside out..
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:43 am
Just Joined

Kenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really niceKenneth2 3 is just really nice

Hi Steve and the Pom from Aus

Thank you very much for the information that you guys gave me to go do my licence through SA. I have contacted Peer Tech this morning and they actually also do a correspondence course that will suite me fine. After completion of the course and I feel comfortable I will then ring them up and book a exam date. Much more easier than I thought, did not know that they would actually do a correspondence course, so for anyone reading this there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for all your help.

Kenneth
Old Sep 5th 2008, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve and the Pom from Aus

Thank you very much for the information that you guys gave me to go do my licence through SA. I have contacted Peer Tech this morning and they actually also do a correspondence course that will suite me fine. After completion of the course and I feel comfortable I will then ring them up and book a exam date. Much more easier than I thought, did not know that they would actually do a correspondence course, so for anyone reading this there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for all your help.

Kenneth
Yup, they do it because all the Aussies use Peer as a quick way to get licenced

Good luck
Old Sep 7th 2008, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi Wendy

Thanks for the info so after you pass you licence and come to Perth and convert it over you will not have to do any exams or practical tests in Western Australia?

Thanks

Kenneth
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:31 am
Worongary

Hi Wendy

Thanks for the info so after you pass you licence and come to Perth and convert it over you will not have to do any exams or practical tests in Western Australia?

Thanks

Kenneth
no you get an equivalent under the state recipercal aggreement
personally i wouldnt bother but its your brass to spend how you want
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Kenneth2 3;

when you get your a class license mate that's it you wont have to do more exams again, unless you intend to work for yourself then you must do the electrical contractors course meaning another exam at the end of the course, if you intend to work for a company then once the a class is obtained your fine.

all the best mate

PEER is the way to go, ask Wendy on here she is good she can point you in the right direction.