Hello, vetassess help

Old Aug 9th 2009, 7:11 am
Unofficial Aussie

D_Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello, vetassess help

Hi all, I have been watching and reading the forum for a while now, but this is my first post. Let me start by saying how impressed I have been with how polite and helpful everybody is on here, it has certainly helped me searching the threads.
I am now in the middle of filling out the online vetassess form and am stuck as its asking for me to choose 1 out of 4 "electives" and describe my experience, but none of the descriptions seem to relate to what I do. I do work in commercial, industrial and domestic premises installing general power, lighting, motor controls etc. so I thought I would find application easy as most fields are covered!. please help/make me look stupid!
p.s hope screen shot is clear enough
Attached Thumbnails Hello, vetassess help-vetassess.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:22 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello, vetassess help

Originally Posted by D_Dubz
Hi all, I have been watching and reading the forum for a while now, but this is my first post. Let me start by saying how impressed I have been with how polite and helpful everybody is on here, it has certainly helped me searching the threads.
I am now in the middle of filling out the online vetassess form and am stuck as its asking for me to choose 1 out of 4 "electives" and describe my experience, but none of the descriptions seem to relate to what I do. I do work in commercial, industrial and domestic premises installing general power, lighting, motor controls etc. so I thought I would find application easy as most fields are covered!. please help/make me look stupid!
p.s hope screen shot is clear enough
Do you ever do fire alarms? Because if you do thats your dc mate, I would go for the first one me sel
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:38 am
Unofficial Aussie

Smile Re: Hello, vetassess help

yes I do occasionally. Nice 1, didnt think of that
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

Or Emergency Lighting?

I actually did both (the one online and paperwork) and typed up the my answers.

I found it helped as I just repeated the typed text when I got to that screen.

Good luck with it.

Warren
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:17 pm
Unofficial Aussie

yeh same mate, i've also had my log book sent back to me from JTL so thats helped as well, although its a bit much to get copied for my evidence unfortunately!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

Send as much as you can and it will be one hoop to jump through out of the way.
Old Aug 10th 2009, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

I did the DC with fire alarms and emergency lighting systems. Wrote about 4 A4 pages covering both installs, different types of systems, regs, designs, previous jobs, plus certificates, and pictures. If you are not compleatly up to speed on the subject go to your supplier and get a catalougue on fire alarms and emergency lighting Dont forget to download all of your C&G course sylibuses aswell they are a good stocking filler. You cant put to much down mate. Altogether i sent over 200 pages. Good luck.

Last edited by minty01; Aug 10th 2009 at 8:21 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:20 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

thats great advice to this person its impressive reading all the good replys
Old Aug 11th 2009, 6:14 pm
Unofficial Aussie

Yeh thanks a lot ill definately keep in touch and hopefully be able to help others in the not too distant future. i have now collected what i feel to be sufficient evidence all certified by mates dad, who's a judge, along with pages worth of experience. I will keep u updated