British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Hello, vetassess help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/hello-vetassess-help-624608/)

D_Dubz Aug 9th 2009 7:11 am

Hello, vetassess help

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all, I have been watching and reading the forum for a while now, but this is my first post. Let me start by saying how impressed I have been with how polite and helpful everybody is on here, it has certainly helped me searching the threads.
I am now in the middle of filling out the online vetassess form and am stuck as its asking for me to choose 1 out of 4 "electives" and describe my experience, but none of the descriptions seem to relate to what I do.:confused: I do work in commercial, industrial and domestic premises installing general power, lighting, motor controls etc. so I thought I would find application easy as most fields are covered!. please help/make me look stupid!
p.s hope screen shot is clear enough;)

jasonlec Aug 9th 2009 9:22 am

Re: Hello, vetassess help

Originally Posted by D_Dubz (Post 7826349)
Hi all, I have been watching and reading the forum for a while now, but this is my first post. Let me start by saying how impressed I have been with how polite and helpful everybody is on here, it has certainly helped me searching the threads.
I am now in the middle of filling out the online vetassess form and am stuck as its asking for me to choose 1 out of 4 "electives" and describe my experience, but none of the descriptions seem to relate to what I do.:confused: I do work in commercial, industrial and domestic premises installing general power, lighting, motor controls etc. so I thought I would find application easy as most fields are covered!. please help/make me look stupid!
p.s hope screen shot is clear enough;)

Do you ever do fire alarms? Because if you do thats your dc mate, I would go for the first one me sel;)

D_Dubz Aug 9th 2009 9:38 am

yes I do occasionally. Nice 1, didnt think of that :thumbsup:

WarrenG Aug 9th 2009 2:57 pm

Or Emergency Lighting?

I actually did both (the one online and paperwork) and typed up the my answers.

I found it helped as I just repeated the typed text when I got to that screen.

Good luck with it.

Warren

D_Dubz Aug 9th 2009 8:17 pm

yeh same mate, i've also had my log book sent back to me from JTL so thats helped as well, although its a bit much to get copied for my evidence unfortunately!:p

WarrenG Aug 9th 2009 9:11 pm

Send as much as you can and it will be one hoop to jump through out of the way. :thumbup:

minty01 Aug 10th 2009 8:16 pm

I did the DC with fire alarms and emergency lighting systems. Wrote about 4 A4 pages covering both installs, different types of systems, regs, designs, previous jobs, plus certificates, and pictures. If you are not compleatly up to speed on the subject go to your supplier and get a catalougue on fire alarms and emergency lighting ;) Dont forget to download all of your C&G course sylibuses aswell they are a good stocking filler. You cant put to much down mate. Altogether i sent over 200 pages. Good luck.

The_Pom_From_Aus Aug 11th 2009 6:20 am

thats great advice to this person its impressive reading all the good replys

D_Dubz Aug 11th 2009 6:14 pm

Yeh thanks a lot ill definately keep in touch and hopefully be able to help others in the not too distant future. i have now collected what i feel to be sufficient evidence all certified by mates dad, who's a judge, along with pages worth of experience. I will keep u updated