Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Heading to WA with Vetassess NOW WHAT?????

Heading to WA with Vetassess NOW WHAT?????

Old Feb 25th 2013, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice
Default Heading to WA with Vetassess NOW WHAT?????

Hi there....
I did Vetassess in about 2010, so as you can imagine things have changed a little since my enthusiastic hoop jumping days.... years ago. Well i am now heading to Perth in Sept this year with renewed enthusiasm... Can anyone please advise me on the very latest hoop jumping process that has to be undertaken to get an A-Licence...(if that is still applicable)...
I see things are changing constantly and im finding it a little difficult to follow previous threads....
Appreciate the advise

Cheers
Orrin
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

colinmaclec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Heading to WA with Vetassess NOW WHAT?????

You apply to energy safety for your electrical workers permit, receive it, Pay $2000 to go to tafe for 2 weeks, Then you sign up for logbook do gap training up to 1 year, Complete loads of homework that is sent to you then when logbook is complete you book the same trade test as the Aussie apprentices and thats it! Someone on here said he bypassed it and applied for an ARTC which currently gives you a 1 week nobody can fail course and takes around 3 months in total but we hear its changing but as far as i am aware it has not yet.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice

Cheers Colin
So I assume Tafe is their C&G?? Oh well I best get cracking on that secret recipe of mine so I can sh!t dollars!!!
If anyone has more info on that ARTC please could you let me know...
Thanks again
Orrin

Last edited by orrin; Feb 26th 2013 at 10:42 am. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 26th 2013, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Just checking....
Am I right in assuming that as a Skilled – Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) visa holder...
I pay permanent resident rates?

What does this visa let me do?

This visa allows you and any secondary applicants included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

FEE
Australian Permanent Residents $249 Non-Australian residents $1350

Quite like the sound of $249 instead of the $2000 mentioned on the forum... Or are there the usual hidden fees that im not aware of?
Old Mar 8th 2013, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

steveandlauren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colinmaclec
You apply to energy safety for your electrical workers permit, receive it, Pay $2000 to go to tafe for 2 weeks, Then you sign up for logbook do gap training up to 1 year, Complete loads of homework that is sent to you then when logbook is complete you book the same trade test as the Aussie apprentices and thats it! Someone on here said he bypassed it and applied for an ARTC which currently gives you a 1 week nobody can fail course and takes around 3 months in total but we hear its changing but as far as i am aware it has not yet.
Hi guys i am heading over to brisbane in may with vetesess/ OSTR in hand on a 189 visa, i was told that to be issued a log book you have to be currently Employed by an electrical company and companys are not interested in employing TA's bit of a vicious circle really. i worked in oz about eight years ago as aspark an ozzie sparks are ruff with a capital R
Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:44 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

ozzie sparks are ruff with a capital R
Totally agree. Though it does depend on what level of sparky. The top end sparkies are a bit better. However the lower end, are terrible.