Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Electricians in Gold Coast area

Electricians in Gold Coast area

Old Feb 9th 2011, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of
Default Electricians in Gold Coast area

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what the average wage is in the GC area for an electrician, I wouldnt be interested in the mines, I would work domestic, commercial or industrial have experience in all.

My current wage in the UK is roughly £20k a yr, because I live miles away from any major cities ( although all our work is done away from home in the major cities) we have less pay.

From what I have read the average roughly is $60k a yr which works out atm £37-38k which is almost double my current wage.

I understand that the cost of living and housing is a more expensive but our mortgage at the moment is 1/3 of both mine and my partners earnings.

Just wondering if the figures sound correct? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by FPE88; Feb 9th 2011 at 12:22 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:01 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electricians in Gold Coast area

Originally Posted by FPE88
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what the average wage is in the GC area for an electrician, I wouldnt be interested in the mines, I would work domestic, commercial or industrial have experience in all.

My current wage in the UK is roughly £20k a yr, because I live miles away from any major cities ( although all our work is done away from home in the major cities) we have less pay.

From what I have read the average roughly is $60k a yr which works out atm £37-38k which is almost double my current wage.

I understand that the cost of living and housing is a more expensive but our mortgage at the moment is 1/3 of both mine and my partners earnings.

Just wondering if the figures sound correct? Thanks in advance.
cards in
TA $22 to 27 hr
full licence $25 to 35 hr

self employed negotiable but work on $45 to 60hr

contractor work on $60 to $95 ( you`ll need an additional contactors licence and liability insurance for this )

regards steve
Old Feb 9th 2011, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
cards in
TA $22 to 27 hr

contractor work on $60 to $95 ( you`ll need an additional contactors licence and liability insurance for this )

regards steve
Cheers Steve mate.
Old Feb 11th 2011, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
cards in
TA $22 to 27 hr

regards steve
Hi Steve,
Is it possible to be self employed without a contractors licence?
Regards Derren
Old Feb 11th 2011, 5:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derren7
Hi Steve,
Is it possible to be self employed without a contractors licence?
Regards Derren
to honest not 100% sure but i do think so