Electrician advice NSW AUS

Old Jan 15th 2017, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Littlemiss01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrician advice NSW AUS

Hi guys I'm new here.

My husband and I are looking to move to AUS and looks like NSW Is where we will be headed due to work. Couple of queries and hopefully someone can help. We totally understand the visa process and will be coming over in the skilled worked visa, my husband will be doing the skills assessment to obtain help with obtaining our visa.

Our queries are what is the process when we get there to get the provisional license?
Does he need a job to get the provisional? Does he need the provisional to get the job? Then when does he enrol for the gap training and how long does the whole process take? Are there any hoops he will need to jump through?

Everything seems ok for getting the visa but now the worry is getting the license and work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16th 2017, 9:37 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Electrician advice NSW AUS

Originally Posted by Littlemiss01
Hi guys I'm new here.

My husband and I are looking to move to AUS and looks like NSW Is where we will be headed due to work. Couple of queries and hopefully someone can help. We totally understand the visa process and will be coming over in the skilled worked visa, my husband will be doing the skills assessment to obtain help with obtaining our visa.

Our queries are what is the process when we get there to get the provisional license?
Does he need a job to get the provisional? Does he need the provisional to get the job? Then when does he enrol for the gap training and how long does the whole process take? Are there any hoops he will need to jump through?

Everything seems ok for getting the visa but now the worry is getting the license and work.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!
There are a few sparks from NSW who post occasionally who may be able to help. It has been mentioned before but NSW does have an unlicensed electrician pay rate (if you use the search function you might find it) as on bigger sites, you are working alongside other electricians.

Licensing in NSW is by Fair Trading - Electricians - I think. They may be able to offer more advice on where to cover the gap training needed. That may be TAFE NSW or another RTO.

Because all states cover this differently, there is no one answer and my experience is SA
Old Jan 18th 2017, 7:42 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of work here in Sydney. They cant get enough tradies. I am asked often if i know any sparkies. I work in the security side now. licence can be done at TAFE. Not sure of the current process. I done mine through SEEK in SA and then transferred over to NSW. Not sure if this route is still possible. But wouldn't worry about finding work. Its booming.
Old Jan 18th 2017, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Littlemiss01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys....its all gone to pot now. Turns out cause he is now just doing inspection testing and not on the repairs as he is working as an engineer surveyor now that he probably wouldn't be accepted for the skills assessment! Pity he's been a sparky fir about 18 years! He needs to be working as an electrician for 12 months in the last 3 year! � ����