Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

electrical contractor looking for work

electrical contractor looking for work

Old Jan 24th 2011, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

emptiehead is an unknown quantity at this point
Default electrical contractor looking for work

Hi expat sparkies,
just got into self employment and thought i would spread the word through this forum, i will be doing the usual domestic/commercial stuff: power,lighting,aircon, fans etc around the brisbane area, [north and south] , i will also help people on britishexpats with advice on electrical issues and problems,been doing electrical work in oz for over 5 years now, feel free to pm me, peter.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: electrical contractor looking for work

Originally Posted by emptiehead
Hi expat sparkies,
just got into self employment and thought i would spread the word through this forum, i will be doing the usual domestic/commercial stuff: power,lighting,aircon, fans etc around the brisbane area, [north and south] , i will also help people on britishexpats with advice on electrical issues and problems,been doing electrical work in oz for over 5 years now, feel free to pm me, peter.
Hi Peter,
Nice one. Have you worked on construction sites? I like my metal munching in the commercial / industrial settings. Do you know how easy/hard it is to break into this type of work.
Cheers Derren
Old Jan 24th 2011, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

hi derren, yes i have worked within heavy and light construction sites many times; from submarine's in barrow in furness to apartment blocks in brisbane cbd, metal munching? installs of cable management systems [ using metalic tray,tube and trunk] are not really used here on the east coast, [ with the exception to tray] although i have seen and installed some conduit and trunking, mainly on:LV/HV energex transformer jobs and mining distributions, i don't think elec/metalwork is specialized, it"s just part of an electricians job. hope that helps mate. regards peter.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

peter,

how about price work, are they up for giving it. At the moment in the uk thats the way I prefer to work. Derren I'm into the metal bashing myself Just enjoy it more.
Old Jan 24th 2011, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

price work and hour rates are all negotiable, even more so in oz
Old Jan 25th 2011, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

thats good news
Old Feb 8th 2011, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

thought i'd bump this up,
Old Feb 8th 2011, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

peter,

how do you think this year will go for work, are people saying its going to be good?

With the floods and cyclone will this improve the work available?
Old Feb 8th 2011, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

hi,
work that needs to be done on the flood recovery is not coming through as yet, people are waiting for money, either from there insurance, charity or the goverment, tricky at the moment regarding how the work situation will be this year.
regards peter.
Old Feb 9th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

hope things pick up and this year is a good one for you
Old Feb 9th 2011, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

cheers for that mate, hope ya do well yourself.
Old Feb 10th 2011, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

visa granted today, see you in the SUN!!!