Confused!!!

Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of
Default Confused!!!

I have read so much on here that im just in a confused spin right now.

I understand the easiest way to get in is for your partner to be the main applicant and for us sparkies to go down the ARTC route, Once we have passed the ARTC ( I do have an aussie address ) then we have to wait until we are in OZ and sit a course.

Is all this correct? If so could somebody give me some info on the course that is sat in OZ?
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

FPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud ofFPE88 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Confused!!!

Also I just want the standard electrician grade, dont get what the difference is between fitter, mechanic, linesperson???
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:34 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPE88
Also I just want the standard electrician grade, dont get what the difference is between fitter, mechanic, linesperson???
mechanic - "normal" sparkie
fitter - maintence spark
linesperson - overhead lines spark ( street supplies both Low and high votage )
Old Feb 15th 2011, 5:40 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

I have read so much on here that im just in a confused spin right now.

I understand the easiest way to get in is for your partner to be the main applicant and for us sparkies to go down the ARTC route, Once we have passed the ARTC ( I do have an aussie address ) then we have to wait until we are in OZ and sit a course.

Is all this correct? If so could somebody give me some info on the course that is sat in OZ?
if your doing the course via QET you get all the info sent over to the uk work your way through it and do the exam on arrival you`ll stilll need to fil in a log book andget a permeit to train untill og books completed etc in order to apply for the electricains licence

http://www.qet.edu.au/

whether you need an artc is dependant on how you get your visa
if you come on your spouses you`ll need to apply for an artc
if your the visa aopplicant you`ll have to aaply to vettesess in the uk to test your skills ( i`d advise you to come on over on your spouses if possible as its probably going to be alot cheaper than been assessed by vetteseess ( about 2400 dollars ) where the artc is 300 bucks
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Cheers for the help Steve, My partner thought she could be the main applicant but it looks like she cant so I guess I will have to be now.

If I have to be the main applicant I guess I have to go down the vetassess route then get artc because its the recognised qualification over there and then sit a course in OZ, Is this correct?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

Once you have your vetassess you dont need to get your artc but if you do it can speed up the chance of getting your license after completing other courses.

To be honest the vetassess is a bit of a scam if you ask me, they should of just left it with TRA.

Where are you planning on going?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Im planning on going to the gold coast, im just looking for as much info as possible atm.

I was think I would have to get vetassess, artc then I have to sit an exam in OZ, is this correct?
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

you dont have to get ARTC once you have vetassess, but as steve'o said if you have the vetassess you have to do a log book whilst working as a TA which can take upto 6mths. Whilst working as a TA you will be earning less money so you have to work out if it will be better in the long run if you do the ARTC and go to PEER and get you license that way.

Another catch with the log book route is you can only do this once you have an employer.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
you dont have to get ARTC once you have vetassess, but as steve'o said if you have the vetassess you have to do a log book whilst working as a TA which can take upto 6mths. Whilst working as a TA you will be earning less money so you have to work out if it will be better in the long run if you do the ARTC and go to PEER and get you license that way.

Another catch with the log book route is you can only do this once you have an employer.
Would definately go ARTC, also could you give me more info on PEER?

Can PEER also be done in the UK, would rather have all my exams done then go over there ready to start work.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Would definately go ARTC, also could you give me more info on PEER?

Can PEER also be done in the UK, would rather have all my exams done then go over there ready to start work.
The PEER course can be done in the UK but you will have to attend a 2/3 day revision exam in Adelaide which when complete will entitle you to a South Australian licence which can be transferred to another state under 'mutual recognition"
Regards Derren
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers Derren.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

johnny.w is an unknown quantity at this point

Im planning on going to the gold coast, im just looking for as much info as possible atm.

I was think I would have to get vetassess, artc then I have to sit an exam in OZ, is this correct?
If you are the main visa applicant and its a skilled 176 state sponsorship.
Then gold coast (Queensland ) is a no go as sparks are not on list.
I had to change my application to south aus.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by johnny.w
If you are the main visa applicant and its a skilled 176 state sponsorship.
Then gold coast (Queensland ) is a no go as sparks are not on list.
I had to change my application to south aus.
I was applying for the 175 Visa, any ways around this?