Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Canadian Electrical Code 2009

Canadian Electrical Code 2009

Old Mar 14th 2009, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default Canadian Electrical Code 2009

Hi all,
Was just about to order my copy of the Canadian Electrical Code 2006 in preparation for the IP exam later this year when I noticed there is now a 2009 version for sale, can anyone tell me when this actually comes into force and when will the IP exams now be based on the new version? Only just got used to the 17th Edition kicking in over here
Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:57 am
Just Joined

Mackthebrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Electrical Code 2009

Hi mate I have to say the code stays the same with relatively few amendments and it generally keeps the same format, maybe a few new tables or deletions. However 2009 is the 21st edition thats a big jump from 17 you best get the new book!

I asked around and most believe the 2006 exam will be in till the end of the year although the new code is adopted immeadiately, if your coming over then get the 2009.

Just remember "do not memorise the code" just learn how to use it, its sections and tables, wiring methods, GROUNDING AND BONDING, service are all massive parts of the exam, so are motors a good website for test questions is "thelearningpit.com" this is my first time on this site im not sure of the rules if you pm me i might be able to send you something to tied you over