Canada electricians..

Old Aug 29th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Jess5377 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada electricians..

Hi. I'm a normal poster on other boards, but posting on this one on behalf of my husband. We recently moved to the US from the UK and he is absolutely hating being an electrician here. He thinks they do things the old fashioned way and doesn't like certain aspects at all- like they actually make the electricians dig outside to bury cables. I'm talking about digging with shovels, not machines on large job sites. Also, the pay is quite low and he is earning about 25% of what he did in the UK. He hates it so much he would rather return to there then stay in the US. The fact that the US doesn't recognize his quals also doesn't help. Before we moved here we considered Canada and really wanted to move there, the US was just the easier and faster choice. Since he hates it here, we're now considering Canada again.

What is your work life like in Canada? Would you say it is similar to the UK in ways of doing things? Does it pay enough for you to feel secure? Any other advice is welcomed!
Old May 28th 2009, 6:20 am
Just Joined

applebite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada electricians..

In Canada electricians usually get 30 to 35-C$/hour. In nortt Fort McMarry where oil sands are, they pay 50 to 60/hr. you can compare it with wut he was getting in UK.
Usually electricians dont dig here. they can not afford paying this much money to a person who dig for trenching....