Job vacancies for sparkies

Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Default Job vacancies for sparkies

Hey guys,

don't get on much these days but check in from time to time. See a thread with a link to the seek.com website and went to have a look out of curiosity. The guy I sub too has only had one job for me in the last month and I haven't really started to advertise for myself yet. All word of mouth and ticking along nicely but I've been lookng to shore things up a bit.

Threw my resume at half a dozen companies,l ast friday arvo, just to see what would happen, and Monday morning the fone was ringing. I've just done an induction with Field force who have the QLD gov contract to operate their climate smart scheme.You've probably seen it advertised in the local rag and on the tv. Basically, I start Tuesday and am going round instlling wireles energy monitors to their incoming mains...easy, just clamping a small CT over the incoming active, changing up to 15 incandescents with cfls, changing the showehead to a water wise one and conducting an energy audit. In and out 45 mins, 50 bucks an hour and as much work as you can shake a prawn at.

You need to be a partnership or company registered for gst and have abn no, supply own van and fuel too. All jobs local to your home address. I've signed up for 8 a day 4 days a week to startwith and willsee how it goes. Guaranteed 4 months work. No climbing in roof spaces, no drills, no laddersabove 1.2m, just easy clean work. i've even got a magnet for the side of the van stating that i am a QLD gov approved electrical contractor!

Soiliciting work from these customers is a major no-no but as thetrainer said, if the punter hapens to see your number on the side f your van then there is nothing that they can do about that

PM me for more details or send this guy an email at Hays recruitment

[email protected]

good luck chaps,

Andy
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

andicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really niceandicee is just really nice
Default Re: Job vacancies for sparkies

Guys, that should read 50 bucks PER job and sorry about all the typos. I'm using a shitty old keyboard on my daughters pc that is covered in nasty looking gunge! WTF is this? i swear it just moved!!
Old May 20th 2009, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice

Is there loads of work in QLD for sparkies then?
Old May 21st 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by paulg1770
Is there loads of work in QLD for sparkies then?
Domestic stuff has gone quiet and new builds have virtually come to a stop, AND as a result of the mines laying off sparkies, the work that WAS about is now being competed for by said sparkies coming back to town. There IS work about it's just a bit more competetive than it was.

This Climate Smart job is money for old rope tho. Now doing ten a day, in and out 20/25 mins, finished by 12 and off to do my own stuff. Easy money and guaranteed work for the next 3 months at least.

Andy

PS I cannot believe I've not had a single reply to this post, apart from yours, either on the forum or thru PM. There obviously ISN'T a shortage of work!
Old May 27th 2009, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

erin21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Job vacancies for sparkies

Andicee, my BF is a qualified electrician about 7 years exp (inc apprenticeship). Does he have a good chance of emigrating to australia and getting a job there? He is unsure if he meets the criteria or where to start .There is an emigrate show on over here in september but we are unable to attend due to a holiday which has been long booked. My partner is nearly 23 and has been thinking about the idea of emigrating to Oz/Canada for a while now. We are both in full time employment here and both have worked since leaving school. I am a qualified hairdresser but I have been working in Law for the past two years. We would both like to move. The only slight nigle is my BF is Diabetic tpe 1-although controlled quite well and has never interfeered with work.-Do you know whether this would pose a problem ?

Also Could you advise on the est cost of the whole process?

We have some savings and no property to sell so really if this was to go ahead we would be in a position to move fairly soon as we have no ties.

Please could you advise I would most appreciate your comments.
Thanks Erin,uk.
Old May 28th 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by erin21
Andicee, my BF is a qualified electrician about 7 years exp (inc apprenticeship). Does he have a good chance of emigrating to australia and getting a job there? He is unsure if he meets the criteria or where to start .There is an emigrate show on over here in september but we are unable to attend due to a holiday which has been long booked. My partner is nearly 23 and has been thinking about the idea of emigrating to Oz/Canada for a while now. We are both in full time employment here and both have worked since leaving school. I am a qualified hairdresser but I have been working in Law for the past two years. We would both like to move. The only slight nigle is my BF is Diabetic tpe 1-although controlled quite well and has never interfeered with work.-Do you know whether this would pose a problem ?

We have some savings and no property to sell so really if this was to go ahead we would be in a position to move fairly soon as we have no ties.

Thanks Erin,uk.
Hey Erin,

not what you want to hear but I'm pretty sure they've taken sparkies OFF the list. Global recession and all that. Not sure about hairdressers or lawyers.

I'm not the best person to ask as I've been out of the loop for a while now. Steve'o or Wendy are your best bets.

Good luck and please don't hesitate to ask as many q's as you like.

Andy
Old May 28th 2009, 6:28 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Thanks Erin,uk.

Erin have a looky HERE All the info you need I think.

Good luck

Dougie
Old May 28th 2009, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

erin21 is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS!
Old May 28th 2009, 9:25 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

THANKS!
How about try a working visa, 2 years I think?, you are both young enough, might be wrong, but I think you can do that. Good luck!!